Tune up day 2011

wwebner

Tune up day 2011

Post by wwebner »

Sat. May 14th. At my shop,126 Yorkshire ct. Elyria. LEAKOIL will provide hot dogs and snacks. Watch tis post for more details. If you need tune up parts or pertronix PM me. If you have a project that you want to address on tune up day,PM me. In the event of really crappy weather (heavy rain) we may move to the following week.
Bill
Catie

Re: Tune up day 2011

Post by Catie »

Thanks Bill!! :D So looking forward to this! I had so much fun last year I can hardly wait! :D I might have my "70" Adventurecamper "On the Road Again" by then. Rebuilt the motor over the winter and just about ready to put it in and start him up!! Might have a project in mind for "Big Orange" though. Gotta figure out wether it should be done up there though.Thanks again for All You (and Pam) do for us all here at LEAKOIL!
1970 Adventurecamper "Ol Blue" 1973 Westy "Big Orange"
Lizzie76

Post by Lizzie76 »

I hope I can get Lizzie there! I do need stuff, just cant remember it all :lol: Anyone looking for something to help with, I think I have the challenge :lol: Thanks Bill...looking forward to it...hope I can get there...
If she's amazing, she won't be easy...
If she's easy, she won't be amazing...
Well look at that...I must be the amazingest!
Remark

Post by Remark »

I'm am truly hoping to make it to this one! Would be a great start before going to Buses and Boats.
Those that are easily offended and can't understand sarcasm shouldn't try to talk to me!!!
71 Westy
73 Bug (the wife's)
blue71

Post by blue71 »

I'll shuttle the rides out of hiding for checkups throughout the day.

Mark, if you show up I'll have your glass. If not I will get it to somebody that can meet you at Buses and Boats, I swear!
Nick a.k.a. Parts-whore, Young Nick, Subwoofer Nick, Nebraska Nick, Doc, the Amish connection.

Now: 1967 bug, 68 westy, 70 bus, 70 westy, 70 bug (FS), 71 westy, 71 bug
Past: 58 bug, 66 bug, 68 bug, 68 westy, 71 super, 74 super
wolfej1

Post by wolfej1 »

Hello-

It has been a while since I have been online but I am finally getting back into working on my 82 Westy. I hope to make the trip to Elyria for the tune up day and have the opportunity to meet some fellow VW owners.

Don from Canton if you are out there - you remember me, I made the trip to your place a few years ago when I was having issues with the hydraulic lifters. :D

Looking forward to the event.

Take Care
Joe
Six Volt

Post by Six Volt »

wolfej1 wrote:Hello-

It has been a while since I have been online but I am finally getting back into working on my 82 Westy. I hope to make the trip to Elyria for the tune up day and have the opportunity to meet some fellow VW owners.

Don from Canton if you are out there - you remember me, I made the trip to your place a few years ago when I was having issues with the hydraulic lifters. :D

Looking forward to the event.

Take Care
Joe
Hello Joe. Hope you can make it up. Tune up day is always a great experience. Whether you're fixing something on your bus, or just hanging out taking it all in, you'll find the group very open and welcoming. Look forward to meeting you in person!
wwebner

Post by wwebner »

Just a note about tune up day. IF the weather looks to be REALLY crappy, heavy rain,or very windy,or unseasonally cold,so that we can't do any outside work or keep the overhead doors open,I will move it 1 week to the 21st.Let's all hope for decent weather. If we are going to move the date I will post no later than Wed evening.
Bill
65Westy

Post by 65Westy »

Bill & everyone.....

I'm looking forward to this event and getting to meet you all in person. Wish I could drive my Westy up, but I've only driven it about 20 miles total. Still getting all the bugs worked out. If the weather is decent, I may drive my Oval. See ya Saturday!
Craig

1963 Beetle
1972 Schnepp XL13 Formula Vee
1972 Caldwell D13 Formula Vee
1971 Super Beetle convertible
Remark

Post by Remark »

I should be there, but will have to make the trip in my work car and not a VW. Just don't have the time to make the drive in an aircooled right now!
Those that are easily offended and can't understand sarcasm shouldn't try to talk to me!!!
71 Westy
73 Bug (the wife's)