2017 - Autumn Cruise

Marla

2017 - Autumn Cruise

Post by Marla »

We will be doing a cruise on Sunday Oct 29th to check out the colors of the season. The map has not been finalized yet but we plan on stopping at an orchard and a ending with a picnic in the park.

Mark your calendars and stay tuned for more details.
It's Marla with an " L"
(My list of assets is just too long...)
chuckspence

Re: 2017 - Autumn Cruise

Post by chuckspence »

Will there be a vineyard/winery stop? I think I like wine...
Marla

Post by Marla »

We may have one of those on the itinerary... just for you Chuck :D
It's Marla with an " L"
lurch

Post by lurch »

http://wakemanelevator.com/home/

This is a nice bar and grill with craft beer and local wine we may want to try if the weather gets unfavorable. What other people's options?

I have been there before and had a good experience. They have a good amount of room inside open at 11:30 on Sundays and have some neat handmade goods stores attached to it .
the best ideas are often the worst choices.
vanagons
mopeds
Marla

Post by Marla »

I think this place looks great Dan. We will definitely be using this as an option if the weather is crummy.

So, with that said, here is an update to this years fall cruise, led by the Dan Bainbridge aka Lurch..

We will be starting out at the Webner Estate (Bill and Pam's house) located at 10606 Lagrange Rd in Elyria. People can start gathering there around 9:30 AM. Donuts and coffee will be available. We will depart at 10:30 AM to begin the cruise.

If the weather stays nice, we are planning on going to Burnham's Orchard. They have local produce, ciders and bakery. They also have a Fall festival, pumpkin cannon etc.. Check out their website, here. http://www.burnhamorchards.com/at-the-orchard-2/events/
From here we will be taking the back roads to see the colors of the season ending up at the Mill Hollow picnic area. We are planning to have a picnic in the park, there are pavilions we can use. This is a bring your own picnic event. If you want to bring something to share that will be fine. I will have my little propane grill with me, you are welcome to use it. I am planning on having warm cider.

If the weather is unfavorable, we will not have the picnic in the park but instead end the tour at the Wakeman Elevator (see Lurch's post) where we can get lunch. (reverse the route)

Below is a link to the tentative map showing the route and location of the planned stops. Pack up the kids, pets, some picnic items and come on out to see the colors of Ohio with your fellow LEAKOILers.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=14OXyf ... sp=sharing
It's Marla with an " L"
Karl Kombi

Post by Karl Kombi »

This route looks great. While we're up close to the beach in Vermilion, I think I'll make a quick change into my speedos -- the water should be fine. [Sorry if anyone's eating dinner now...] :D

Jackie can bring some of her famous brownies to share.

- Joe
blue71

Post by blue71 »

Just an FYI regarding Wakeman if the weather is inclement and you wind up there (5ish miles away from the homestead, dad and I don't know what our schedule is) :

It's a speed trap town and the cops have little to do but pull you over for going 1MPH over or if they don't like your vehicle. They pulled me over when I was home from Michigan in my S10 after I had owned it awhile and accused me of being a drug dealer since they had not seen the truck before. F*cking useless idiots.
Nick a.k.a. Parts-whore, Young Nick, Subwoofer Nick, Nebraska Nick, Doc, the Amish connection.

Now: 1967 bug, 68 westy, 70 bus, 70 westy, 70 bug (FS), 71 westy, 71 bug
Past: 58 bug, 66 bug, 68 bug, 68 westy, 71 super, 74 super
wwebner

Post by wwebner »

Thanks for the heads up Nick.
marley16kristin

Post by marley16kristin »

Sorry we will miss this :( we have a prior commitment and Tootsie is still on the fritz a bit. I was really hoping to get out there and enjoy the fall too. Have fun for us!
1978 Bay "TOOTSIE"
Marla

Post by Marla »

Well the weather looks like it is going to be a little on the cooler side for Sunday. It's supposed to be 50 for the high. So we are thinking we will have to forego the picnic this year. We will still plan on going to Burnham's Orchard and then end the cruise at the Wakeman Elevator. Hot coffee and donuts will be at Bill and Pam's starting at 9:30 AM. I hope to see you there.

For those who have heat in their buses, be glad. For those who don't.... dress warm. :lol: I may have a snow suit on.
It's Marla with an " L"