2018 Volksfest - Aug 11th Pataskala, OH

Marla

2018 Volksfest - Aug 11th Pataskala, OH

Post by Marla »

Volksfest is fast approaching. I know a lot of you regulars are planning on going. For those who are new, this is a car show and swap meet. Some of the swappers go out the night before and camp in the school parking lot. Most show up the day of the event. Here is a link to the web site so you can check it out.

http://www.covvc.org/volksfest.html

Also there is camping that Saturday night at Rustic Knolls Campground. This is called the Dixie Bus Gathering. If you want to head up to Mt. Vernon after the show on Saturday, you can camp there with fellow VW owners.

http://rusticknollscampground.com/dixie ... g-weekend/

I plan on doing both this year. I was going to last year, but as some know, my bus had other ideas. :D
It's Marla with an " L"
(My list of assets is just too long...)
SlashKirk

Re: 2018 Volksfest - Aug 11th Pataskala, OH

Post by SlashKirk »

Me, Craig, school, Friday, Kool Kids
1961 Swivel Seat Kombi
Six Volt

Volksfest (COVVC) Columbus Show

Post by Six Volt »

Its this Saturday August 11, 2018. Just so fellow members know, I'll be going down Saturday morning in my Tacoma so if anyone from the club in NE Ohio buys anything large, (engines, transmissions etc.), I'll be able to haul stuff back if you're in your classsic VW and have no room. Just look for me at the show.
CraigOnTheBoat

Post by CraigOnTheBoat »

Seems like yesterday I was Driving Chucks bus and he told me "THOSE TIRES ARE FINE"
64 Campmobile
87 Syncro
chuckspence

Post by chuckspence »

I'd still be rockin those awesome baloneys it you didn't winebag about them, then I wouldn't have upgraded to those vintage Michelin's I had issues with...
Easy-E

Re: Volksfest (COVVC) Columbus Show

Post by Easy-E »

We’re heading to Dixie Bus that weekend if anyone is interested in camping the show it’s about a 1/2 away from the campground. I believe it’s $10/night per person and usually there’s a community pot luck. Large group area. No need to make reservations.
https://m.facebook.com/Dixie-Bus-Gather ... 729756621/
Marla

Post by Marla »

I headed over to Dixie Bus after the show on Saturday. I spent the night out there with the fellow VW's. Met some nice people, saw some familiar faces and had fun. Although it rained at the show most of the day on Saturday, the weather in Mt. Vernon was great.
It's Marla with an " L"
(My list of assets is just too long...)
Chris

Post by Chris »

Dixie bus was great! Atleast 30 busses i guess! Thank you Frank! Stellar host. Stellar food! Frank even ordered us some shooting stars! Well played sir!