Newbie questions

wwebner

Re: updates

Post by wwebner »

For all you weather watchers

Weather. Fri partly cloudy and in the 60's, Sat.& Sun in the 50's. evenings in the mid 40's
10 percent chance of rain on Fri. 20 percent Sat. and Sun.

Just a note on this. The Island is surrounded by a lake that is still in the 70 degree range.
Temps on the island typically run 5-10 degrees higher than the mainland.

Plan your wardrobe appropriately :) :)
John

Post by John »

:arrow: it could happen :o :lol:
Never asked for a motorcycle...
Mopar's Rock...
Remark

Post by Remark »

I say let it SNOW!!!
Those that are easily offended and can't understand sarcasm shouldn't try to talk to me!!!
71 Westy
73 Bug (the wife's)
Six Volt

Post by Six Volt »

I'm looking forward to this weather. The best times I've ever had a t KI were when the weather didn't cooperate. Because we have the 4-H lodge, it really doesn't matter. A great fire up there with everyone hanging out is a great time. :D

The 2nd time I went to KI was in 2005. It rained from the minute I got to the ferry till I got back off the ferry going home in Marblehead. Cold wet rain. The WHOLE weekend. Everything I owned was soaked, but I was going home happy. I had the time of my life. By chance, I camped next to Frank Biffath and John Baker from OVT. Great guys. Frank even ended up winning a "chili cookoff" category in town that Saturday. We had a great time. Hanging out under the pavillion, up at the lodge, going into town to dry out and watching Chuck jump in the lake! :lol: All great! My son LOVED it! We even had a lobster dinner!

So I can't wait till tomorrow. It's going to be a great time! :D
Remark

Post by Remark »

Well Sean, one thing will be the same as 2005. The bus in that picture, I've owned for about 5 years now! I bought it off John Baker!

Remark
Those that are easily offended and can't understand sarcasm shouldn't try to talk to me!!!
71 Westy
73 Bug (the wife's)
Howie

Post by Howie »

I recall the cold, rainy, 2005 campout quite vividly! Once I quit pouting about the weather, I walked up to the mess hall (with an umbrella) and we had a dandy fire in the Mess Hall fireplace. Plenty of hot dogs on the roller machine. It was a GREAT time, albeit just not outdoors that evening.
Howie
‎"...the ones in love with the night, they light up like a cigarette." -Jack Kerouac
westy uk

Post by westy uk »

you know my heart bleeds for you guys over here in the uk most of the meets have been a total washout this year :( i think we are going to be known as The Ark of Europe :shock: im gonna up sticks & move over oh & bring the bus ;)
1969 Westfalia SO67
1969 Westfalia Essen Trailer

ImageImage
"Leakoil International" #1