Nashville! Pic heavy

Josh

Nashville! Pic heavy

Post by Josh »

Julie and I just returned from a week long trip to Nashville in the 77 westy. It was an 1100mi round trip with zero problems. Awesome time, great people, great music. We also camped a few places along the way. First stop was General Butler State Park in Carrollton, KY. It was a really cool place in the hills, and since it was after the labor day weekend it was wide open. They had a great lodge, restaurant, golf course and all sorts of trails.

Then on to Mammoth Caves National Park!

Then on to the National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, KY of course! We looked for Bruce's engraved brick in the walkway but didn't find it. I am not really into Corvettes, but still cool automotive history!

Then on to Music City
We Stayed here the first night, the Gaylord Opryland Resort... way too fancy for me! 2800 rooms with tons of bars and restaurants. They have a river that runs through this place that you can rent boats to cruise around on!

This bus is parked inside a shop downtown Nashville called Two Old Hippies

Legendary Blue Grass Joint

This is Broadway where all the legendary Honky Tonk joints are.. like Tootsies!

The Johnny Cash museum of course!

Stopped by Andrew Jackson's house, the Hermitage

Checked out a VERY cool exhibit at the Frist called "Sensuous Steel" Featuring Cars from the Art Deco Period. This was the highlight of our trip, I actually got to see a Stout Scarab... the original VW Bus.

and tons of other rare cool machines...
This was Frank Lloyd Wright's car

Attended a cool outdoor concert they have every Thurs. in front of the Courthouse called Live at the green.
It is free and they have craft beer tents!

Saw another nice mansion called the Belle Meade Plantation

Saw the replica of the Parthenon in Greece at Centennial Park with the 60ft tall statue of Athena.

Next coolest part was the Lane Motor Museum. This place has over 150 rare European cars and Motorcycles. I will post another thread on this place alone. Here are a few.

And of course boozin in a honkey tonk listening to local talent was the icing on the cake.
Ken

Re: Nashville! Pic heavy

Post by Ken »

Looks like you and Julie had a great time. Thanks for sharing, I love to visit old car museums when I travel. Really cool stuff :D
1963 Single Cab
1964 Bowman & Sons Camper (Vegas Bus)
1966 Westy S0-42 Hardtop
1967 Westy SO-42 Pop Top
1968 Single Cab
wwebner

Post by wwebner »

Looks like it was a great trip. Did you plan it out or just wing it?
Bill
Josh

Post by Josh »

Totally winged it! We knew our destination was Nashville, but didn't have a plan. It is much less stressful that way!