Kelleys Island 2015

wwebner

Re: Kelleys Island 2015

Post by wwebner »

There is very limited power available AND few circuits,all 15 amp. Meaning electric heaters are not permitted as they will take out the breaker(s) which are located in the basement of the dinning lodge and not accessable in the middle of the nite. SO,don't count on electric.A small quiet generator may be acceptable,as there are areas where you could park and not disturb others. If you absolutely need electric for medical reasons PM me and we will make arrangements. Basically there are 3 areas that have electric, at the basketball court,will be crowded, midway on the field, and at the pavilion at the beach,also crowded. If the weather deems that you may need heat,we suggest MR, Heater, Heater Buddy,which is tent safe and uses propane. Take a few minutes and look through the photos of past KI campouts. Pictures can say a lot :)
Bill
Mbkeith74

Post by Mbkeith74 »

Just to throw it out there and to get an idea if I should do it but if anyone wants me to fix or get a Coleman lantern running let me know. I can try to get parts before the camp out if I have an idea of what's needed. I can fix any year Coleman lantern. If you have a odd ball Coleman let me know and I'll try to have some basic parts on hand. Also if you need a replacement glass let me know what model and I'll charge you for what I pay. PM me with any questions. Thanks Matt
John

Post by John »

Attachments
it could happen...
it could happen...
kelleys-island-in-the-winter-in-the-1800s-4-728.jpg
Never asked for a motorcycle...
Mopar's Rock...
Howie

Post by Howie »

wwebner wrote:...If the weather deems that you may need heat,we suggest MR, Heater, Heater Buddy,which is tent safe and uses propane. Take a few minutes and look through the photos of past KI campouts. Pictures can say a lot :)
Bill
I think it was 2006 when it was cold & rainy the whole weekend. The sun never appeared until we were departing on Sunday morning. A Coleman Catalytic Heater would have been handy that year! They are fairly inexpensive and can heat up your bus quickly. Turn it on for 20-30 minutes before Bedtime, then turn it off and hit the sack. In the morning, hit the Button again to fire it back up to warm up the floor before your bare feet hit the floor.
Howie
‎"...the ones in love with the night, they light up like a cigarette." -Jack Kerouac
Six Volt

Post by Six Volt »

Howie wrote:
wwebner wrote:...If the weather deems that you may need heat,we suggest MR, Heater, Heater Buddy,which is tent safe and uses propane. Take a few minutes and look through the photos of past KI campouts. Pictures can say a lot :)
Bill
I think it was 2006 when it was cold & rainy the whole weekend. The sun never appeared until we were departing on Sunday morning. A Coleman Catalytic Heater would have been handy that year! They are fairly inexpensive and can heat up your bus quickly. Turn it on for 20-30 minutes before Bedtime, then turn it off and hit the sack. In the morning, hit the Button again to fire it back up to warm up the floor before your bare feet hit the floor.
Yes Howie that was quite the weekend. I think it was actually 2005.

And that's good advice about the heater. And like you said, turn it off when you hit the sack!

Frank from the OVT won a Chili class cookoff in town that wekend. And he (with a little help from John Baker) made the chili at the campgrounds in the rain.

I'm sure no one wants to hear this, but the best times at KI are when the weather is bad! :D

Baker and Frank's campsite...

Staying close to the fire when the rain stopped (briefly) :lol:

Our fearless aquaman back in the day! :lol:
Howie

Post by Howie »

:lol: I remember laying the picnic tables on their sides to block the wind from blowing out the campfire! It was quite the Rustic camp out! That was the year we had the Band with the standup Bass Fiddle that came over from the Mainland. The Band never began playing until around 11PM, and played less than an hour. :lol:
Howie
‎"...the ones in love with the night, they light up like a cigarette." -Jack Kerouac
Six Volt

Post by Six Volt »

Howie wrote::lol: I remember laying the picnic tables on their sides to block the wind from blowing out the campfire! It was quite the Rustic camp out! That was the year we had the Band with the standup Bass Fiddle that came over from the Mainland. The Band never began playing until around 11PM, and played less than an hour. :lol:
Here's a photo of Chris's band, but I'm showing they played in 2010, but they may have played more than once. Bill or Chuck will remember. That's Mitawanga Dan on keyboards. Photo quality insipired by Dual Port! :lol: Note: The band had their own cooler and bar set up in lower right corner! :D

I know how you like fires Howie. :lol: 2010 was also the year of the fire. :o

Dan

Post by Dan »

Thanks for the band pic, Sean.
Of course the band would need their own cooler - can't always count on groupies.
Dan

not 'young dan'
'71 Westy
John

Post by John »

Will there be ice?
Never asked for a motorcycle...
Mopar's Rock...
Mike Kever Kombi

Post by Mike Kever Kombi »

In the mess hall and on the ground the way this weather is turning
Mike

1961 Microbus

1971 Super Beetle (1302s)

1975 Westfalia

Sarcasm is just one of the many services I offer.

I like my water filtered through a bed of grains, cleansed by yeast, and preserved with hops.