Kelleys Island 2009

dormohbile2

Re: Fee explaination

Post by dormohbile2 »

Howie wrote:Does this mean folks who walk-in, in general, for a look-around who do not stay at the camp? I think that is the way I comprehend it. My neighbor Christine & her family wanted to come visit for the afternoon because they are looking to buy a bus and want to see the KI camp setup firsthand, then return to the mainland the same day.
Howie- that is exactly why i will be bringing my family in a bus this year rather than the dodge charger like last year. last year we came to check out kelley's and talk to various bus owners. Two months later we were owners of the dormobile!

I hope those coming to check it out arent getting charged.
Hank
1966 Dormobile - http://s410.photobucket.com/albums/pp187/dormohbile2/
1991 Vanagon Westy
wwebner

Post by wwebner »

Howie wrote:Does this mean folks who walk-in, in general, for a look-around who do not stay at the camp? I think that is the way I comprehend it. My neighbor Christine & her family wanted to come visit for the afternoon because they are looking to buy a bus and want to see the KI camp setup firsthand, then return to the mainland the same day.
If you READ what was posted above "if you have friends or guests that wish to visit during the day they are welcome" They will not be charged. They have never been charged and will not be charged.
4H is not making this complicated,those who are bringing or inviting way too many non bus non family member friends to a party are making it complicated.
The price structure allows a "FAMILY" with 1 or more (could be a dozen) minor children to pay no more than the $80. fee so as not to penalize those with several children.
Once again, this is meant to be a "Family oriented VW Bus event".
I believe that the problem arose from the term "walk up" perhaps the person who initiated that term should have chosen a different terminology and we could have avoided the misunderstanding.
Bill
Last edited by wwebner on Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Howie

Post by Howie »

Thank you for the clarification Bill. That is what I needed to know.
Howie
‎"...the ones in love with the night, they light up like a cigarette." -Jack Kerouac
DEADHEAD

Re: Kelleys Island 2009

Post by DEADHEAD »

Howie are you bringing your percussion stuff again?I am going to bring mine.The helmut will be back again and we are also going to bring toss-a-cross.It is like tic-tac-toe with bean bags.
Some people are like slinkies. Not good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

If I can't be a good example, then I'll be a terrific WARNING!
Howie

Post by Howie »

I have re-tooled my whole wardrobe packing; Long-johns & insulated coveralls instead of T-shirts. Then you watch... it will be 80 degrees Saturday! :o
Howie
‎"...the ones in love with the night, they light up like a cigarette." -Jack Kerouac
Lizzie76

Post by Lizzie76 »

OMG!!!!!!!!! anyone know how frickin' cold it is this morning? we're all gonna be "buscicles" :lol: BUT.........

I'm so excited...esp to see you all. I wont be chumping out on you all :roll: ...but I was offered a free condo for the weekend ;) ...veeeery tempting....NOT! :lol:

Anyone up for all you can eat perch tomorrow night???

Cant wait to see you all....I'll bring the kitchen sink :lol:
If she's amazing, she won't be easy...
If she's easy, she won't be amazing...
Well look at that...I must be the amazingest!
Howie

Post by Howie »

Lizzie76 wrote:Anyone up for all you can eat perch tomorrow night?
I have been thinking about that seriously! I even found where the place is on the KI Chamber of Commerce map. If I have any money left after I get up to KI, I might join you!

I woke up this morning thinking, Hey! It's "Kelleys Eve!!!". :D
Howie
streetbugs

Post by streetbugs »

Is there Power??
I thought there was power by the grand stand or bleechers. Or maybe by the gazebo.
If no Power I will need to stay at home this year. We have a small electric heater for my kids. One is coming off of a cold and I can not do deep cold camping without heat. Wifes orders.
C-ya Jonce
Ken

Post by Ken »

streetbugs wrote:Is there Power??
I thought there was power by the grand stand or bleechers. Or maybe by the gazebo.
If no Power I will need to stay at home this year. We have a small electric heater for my kids. One is coming off of a cold and I can not do deep cold camping without heat. Wifes orders.
C-ya Jonce
Jonce,
Yes there is power at the grand stand, and down by the beach on the west and east sides (by the gazebo) Not sure exactly where but should also be some at the dining hall/shower room.
1963 Single Cab
1964 Bowman & Sons Camper (Vegas Bus)
1966 Westy S0-42 Hardtop
1967 Westy SO-42 Pop Top
1968 Single Cab
wwebner

Post by wwebner »

Power available at both ends of the beach,all around the the shelter as Howie mentioned and at opposite end on the shed.
Bill