2022 VW-Bike Fest - July 29-30

SlashKirk

2022 VW-Bike Fest - July 29-30

Post by SlashKirk »

Hi Kirk -

I own a ’67 Westfalia that I got back on the road during the pandemic. My friend from Concord has recently purchased a ’63 standard bus that was converted to a camper a while back (has some Riveria parts and other parts).

I am writing to see if the Leakoil Club would be interested in promoting a campout in Austinburg over the last week of July hosted by my friend Dan Doerr who asked me to reach out to you. It would not be an exclusive VW bus event, but would encourage busses and camping. Dan owns a few dirt bikes and ATV’s and has some friends who like to ride on an adjoining property and would do so on this weekend as well. The location is nice and I can send some pictures if interested of the property with a pond, beach, and mowed grassy areas. There would be music on Saturday night, firewood on site, and toilet facilities. BBQ catering on Saturday as well.

I have attached a flyer. Let me know and the Club would be interested in this.

Thanks,
Tim

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

’22 VW-Bike Fest

WHAT: VW Enthusiast & Dirtbike/ATV Rider Weekend

WHEN: July 29-31; Alternate Rain Date August 5-7

WHERE: 740 State Rt 45, Austinburg, OH 44010

CAMPING: On-Site Along Grassy Field, Lake & Beach

AMENITIES: Port-A-Potties, Firewood Available

FOOD: BBQ Dinner Saturday Night*

ENTERTAINMENT: Live Band Saturday Night

THINGS TO DO: Ride Dirtbikes/Mountain bikes/ATVs**, Hike, Kayak, Fish, Commercial Slide and Inflatable Obstacle Course. Tour Wineries and Covered Bridges

HOTELS: Fairfield Inn, Hampton Inn

DONATION: $25/vehicle Suggested

DINNER: $12 BBQ Dinner with two sides, chips and pop

**Trails are across Rt 45. Not on campsite. Riding at campsite is only permitted to access trails.
Attachments
Campout.docx
(277.55 KiB) Downloaded 34 times
1961 Swivel Seat Kombi
THill

Re: 2022 VW-Bike Fest

Post by THill »

Hi - Tim Hill here, new to the Leakoil Community. Here are some pictures of the camping location for this summer weekend of 7/29-31. Family friendly event with camping, music, BBQ, and lots of fun. Hope to see you this spring, summer and fall.
Attachments
Plenty of good camping spots
Plenty of good camping spots
Pond
Pond
Sand Beach!
Sand Beach!
pjlevine

Re: 2022 VW-Bike Fest - July 29-30

Post by pjlevine »

What kind of Riviera parts does your friend have?
Thanks,
Phyllis