87 Syncro Hi top conversion

Mike_Z

87 Syncro Hi top conversion

Post by Mike_Z »

PROJECT ABORTED
Last edited by Mike_Z on Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
1987 Vanagon Syncro- Zetec
Six Volt

Re: 87 Syncro Hi top conversion

Post by Six Volt »

I love your van the way it is, but I certainly understand the need for a more functional use. I've seen those high tops on several bays and they give you a lot of room. I think what you have planned is great. It's your van and will make it a lot more useable. Good luck!
Josh

Post by Josh »

Nice! I like the idea of making your bus even more practical for traveling. Also, if that guy will do the install for free it's a no brainer! I saw something like that a few years ago at the Toledo show, but it looks like they didn't cut the roof open but just used it as storage and hinged the back for access.
Mike_Z

Post by Mike_Z »

Yes tht guy has some mad skills. He built that with out molds, buiding it up layer after layer.

My friend who is doing the same thing to his Syncro, saw this van last weekend at The Bus Burr. He said there is no rear upper bunk, just lots of head room and he has a custom A/C back there with a storage lock with a TV over the drivers area.

I would like to see that van in person :mrgreen:

Also, I dont want to keep the top white. I like how the Joker model Westys had tops that matched the rest of the van. Anyone know how much it mighht be to get a matching gel coat?
1987 Vanagon Syncro- Zetec
CraigOnTheBoat

Post by CraigOnTheBoat »

Do you have to get a building permit for the extra living space?
64 Campmobile
87 Syncro
Josh

Post by Josh »

Mike, I like what this guy did to his syncro. He made a kitchen out of some tubing and a hinge. Just another idea.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/ ... ?id=921148
Howie

Post by Howie »

High-Rise Syncro Living at its finest! 8-)
It sure beats the heck out of that "Hood Ride" fad a few years ago.
Howie
‎"...the ones in love with the night, they light up like a cigarette." -Jack Kerouac
Crapatron

Post by Crapatron »

Looks like this is a bit more customized top, but maybe it will spark some ideas. On the inside it seems like anything goes.....Dvd and Tv screens, storage bins, sleepers, turret guns, mini bar. skys the limit with all that room. Post up the pics when your done!