Runamuck Bus

Runamuck Bus

Runamuck Bus

Post by Runamuck Bus »

Don't get too excited, everything is just set in place; nothing is mounted.
After months (12+) of sitting around collecting dust, I finally scrubbed and cleaned the interior pieces and 'set' them back in place. The 'Holidays' and my wife were also very motivating. I finally have some garage space for 'winter' VW projects. The project continues...
Sink in place

Closet and Rear Seat with linoleum floring

The view from the Big Door

Still got miles to go before I get to put on some miles!
Last edited by Runamuck Bus on Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vw7266

Re: The Interior is Back!

Post by vw7266 »

looking good...if you need any yellow covers I'll be replacing mine one of these days with new upholstery. So I may have some but Im not sure when
Six Volt

Re: The Interior is Back!

Post by Six Volt »

Good job. Those yellow/mustard covers don't always seem comfortable, but they sure are durable. I like those early bay interiors.
Ken

Re: Runamuck Bus......The Interior is Back!

Post by Ken »

Looks great. Keep pluggin' away, take your time you'll get there.
1963 Single Cab
1964 Bowman & Sons Camper (Vegas Bus)
1966 Westy S0-42 Hardtop
1967 Westy SO-42 Pop Top
1968 Single Cab
Runamuck Bus

Post by Runamuck Bus »

I thought I was on to something here. I saw someone use this trick while replacing a T3 rear window. I was close too. Seal was lubed, slippery nylon cord was set in the groove, son and I hoisted it in place and then I tightened the straps.

Then I remembered that someone wrote that they used a mallet to persuade the rubber seal into the windshield lip. So I grabbed my hammer...
Josh

Post by Josh »

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o
I hope you have better luck getting a new windshield in than I did!
WideFive

Post by WideFive »

Last edited by WideFive on Tue May 10, 2011 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There is no restoration process that can give a car legitimacy equal to originality."
Don from Canton

Post by Don from Canton »

As Josh can attest, the currently available new windshields often are not made to the right dimensions and simply won't fit. Best bet is to pay for installation. That way, if they break it, you don't pay.
Don
Josh

Post by Josh »

Some people say they haven't had any problems and they were able to install it on their own. I didn't have such luck! I got brand new windshilds from advance auto glass and safelite ranging from warped to 2 inches too big. They finally got the right one to go in, after the 7th try! I think the green tint they are talking about is the sun strip tint on the top, mine has that too.
lurch

Post by lurch »

i actually put windshields in for a living and the green tint you refer too is the actual color of the entire glass maybe unoticeable to most but most newer cars door glass is green and older cars doors and windshields are too i have installed these before and at times can be quite tricky i always end up at work using our glass polisher to reduce the curve and hieght on the glass to help it slip in better the only tools you should need is spray silicone or soap and water as lube a flat plastic bannana stick to help relax the molding, the string and the best tool your hands no rings or watches on them will break the glass and you never want to push on the glass in front of the rope bieng pulled always behind it and useing your open palm fingers to wrist you can smack the glass mallets have to much of a focused preasure point if any one ever needs help in this department feel free to ask me ohh yea and safelite is hacks and if you you want to not even risk the chance of your install my shop in elyria will do a great job at getting you on the road
the best ideas are often the worst choices.
vanagons
mopeds