My 74

jim m

Re: My 74

Post by jim m »

Arts doing well . working on a super 90 as today. He would love to see the old van and any body else.

Jim Morgan
Jim Morgan
74 Super Beetle
Six Volt

Post by Six Volt »

Dual Port wrote:Has he lived there a long time? I remember a VW guy living (about) there decades ago in the Corral days.......
The Corral? :o I thought I was the only one old enough to remember that place! :lol:

For you youngsters, here's a summary of "The Corral" from a website called "Buckeye Beat" a kind of local Rock n roll history site: http://www.buckeyebeat.com/index.html

"The Corral" originally at (21910 Cook Rd, Olmsted Township, off Columbia Road in North Olmsted) The Corral dated from the 1940s, but in 1961 it became an over 18 rock-n-roll club that lasted into 1982, when it burned down. It hosted a lot of the same acts that played the college bar places like the Agora. Had a under-18 'teen night' for a while in the 1970s. The band One Yere (Too Sune) played there a lot - the owner was the father of one of the band members!
Howie

Post by Howie »

Woah! A new one on me! Nice job, Sean!
Howie
‎"...the ones in love with the night, they light up like a cigarette." -Jack Kerouac
Dual Port

Post by Dual Port »

Yes, I spent a lot of nights at the Corral in the late 70's and early 80's constructing many a hangover. Drank a lot of booze (some legally, some not), danced, partied, and perhaps took in some other substances but my memory is a bit foggy..... ;)
Bruce Amacker
'66 Deluxe Bus
'65 Standard Bus
Mbkeith74

Post by Mbkeith74 »

Nice, thank you guys for the info now just have to find some time to get the dash finished up and see if he has some time. By the sound of it he woudnt mind. Thanks matt