My 74

Mbkeith74

My 74

Post by Mbkeith74 »

So I have been looking into the history of my 1974 kombi. So far I found it was bought from Riviera Motors in Portland, Oregon. It was sold to Ventures Unlimited Corp. It then went to somebody named Michael David Koster. This is where it gets interesting. I believe it was sold to Art Browe. I then found a guy in Lakewood who I worked with who knew Art and purchased it to tool around in. Then that guy sold it back to art or something of that kind. Anyway Art sold it to my neighbor and then I bought it in 03. I know Art was doing bad last time I heard is there anyway I could bring it to him and show the love it got. Well if any one knows let me know. Thanks, New Guy Matt....
Howie

Re: My 74

Post by Howie »

Art is doing poorly? Oh man! He is such a cool guy! I hope you can show him your bus!
Howie
‎"...the ones in love with the night, they light up like a cigarette." -Jack Kerouac
Mbkeith74

Post by Mbkeith74 »

Hi Howie. Well I do have to say that was months ago and I hope he is fine I was hoping someone knew how he's been. Or if there's any way to try to contact him.
Howie

Post by Howie »

Bill would know. Bill's shop is across the road from Art's shop. You should SEE Art's car collection. Unbeliveable.
Howie
‎"...the ones in love with the night, they light up like a cigarette." -Jack Kerouac
21window

Post by 21window »

Ken

Post by Ken »

Howie wrote:Bill would know. Bill's shop is across the road from Art's shop. You should SEE Art's car collection. Unbeliveable.
Howie, that guy accross the street from Bill's is not Art Brow, he is a doctor from Elyria who collects Italian sports cars, mostly Ferrari's, and also old wooden boats. Can't remember his name.
1963 Single Cab
1964 Bowman & Sons Camper (Vegas Bus)
1966 Westy S0-42 Hardtop
1967 Westy SO-42 Pop Top
1968 Single Cab
Dual Port

Post by Dual Port »

Has he lived there a long time? I remember a VW guy living (about) there decades ago in the Corral days.......
Bruce Amacker
'66 Deluxe Bus
'65 Standard Bus
toolbox

Post by toolbox »

Howie wrote:Bill would know. Bill's shop is across the road from Art's shop. You should SEE Art's car collection. Unbeliveable.

Across the street from Bill's is the Dr's place not Art's.
wwebner

Post by wwebner »

Here is Dutch's email (Art's Wife)dutch brow
E-mail Address(es):
dutchbrow@yahoo.com

Art was doing fine last i spoke with him a few weeks ago.
Bill
Howie

Post by Howie »

Ken wrote:Howie, that guy accross the street from Bill's is not Art Brow, he is a doctor from Elyria who collects Italian sports cars, mostly Ferrari's, and also old wooden boats. Can't remember his name.
Thanks for clearing that up- I was mistooken.
Howie