Uncle Howie's Spaghetti Warehouse

Ken

Re: Uncle Howie's Spaghetti Warehouse

Post by Ken »

This is a classic example of what LEAKOIL is all about - LEAKOILERS helping LEAKOILERS. :D :D :D
1963 Single Cab
1964 Bowman & Sons Camper (Vegas Bus)
1966 Westy S0-42 Hardtop
1967 Westy SO-42 Pop Top
1968 Single Cab
Six Volt

Post by Six Volt »

Back at it this morning. I did my best to get in Chuck's way, but that didn't stop him from getting the last of the flanges off the heads. :lol: Mission accomplished there. Chuck was able to double nut some of the studs and back them off. Heat helped, but it wasn't the "be all end all". We broke one stud that wasn't coming out on its own anyway. Such is life.
Howie's rig up on the lift.

Heat got the remnants of the "f" pipe flanges off. #3 was bad. This port had the really bad leak.

You've got to love OSHA Chuck: "Don't pick it up when it falls off!" :lol:

Double nut and back them off. "Patience!" :lol:

Step studs. 9mm going into the head (top) and 8mm (bottom) where the nuts are located. We're going to have to find new studs tomorrow. Maybe Mick at Euclid Foreign.

While I was under there I reached up and pulled out one of Howie's flapper boxes. :shock: Well, at least the flapper still works! :lol: BTW, Nice shoes Howie! :P

We'll probably be back at it tomorrow.
Howie

Post by Howie »

Six Volt wrote:I did my best to get in Chuck's way
Sean would say, "That's not coming off like that", and Chuck would say, "Oh yes it is!".
Sean would say, "We are gonna need to pull the heads", and Chuck would say, "NO we won't!". :lol:
In between, Sean was busy dismantling my flapper and thermostat by hand! :shock: It was quite an entertaining & educational morning!
Howie
‎"...the ones in love with the night, they light up like a cigarette." -Jack Kerouac
Dual Port

Post by Dual Port »

Why don't you buy a real camera?

:lol:
Bruce Amacker
'66 Deluxe Bus
'65 Standard Bus
blue71

Post by blue71 »

Glad to see everybody is keeping busy back home fixing things. Euclid has all sorts of replacement step studs. That's where Glen orders them from if he needs them.
Nick a.k.a. Parts-whore, Young Nick, Subwoofer Nick, Nebraska Nick, Doc, the Amish connection.

Now: 1967 bug, 68 westy, 70 bus, 70 westy, 70 bug (FS), 71 westy, 71 bug
Past: 58 bug, 66 bug, 68 bug, 68 westy, 71 super, 74 super
Six Volt

Post by Six Volt »

Dual Port wrote:Why don't you buy a real camera?

:lol:
:lol:Chuck says the same thing! :lol: I'm still learning the I-Phone! :lol:
Howie

Post by Howie »

Hmmm... I wonder if we couldn't have robbed some studs from one of those 2 center motors on the top shelf?
Howie
‎"...the ones in love with the night, they light up like a cigarette." -Jack Kerouac
Howie

Post by Howie »

By golly it's DONE and boy is it ever QUIET! I felt like I was driving someone else's bus!
A HUGE thanks to Chuck, Sean, Josh, Matt and most ESPECIALLY to my very generous parts donor!!! It was truly a group effort by the club, and your kindness in getting me back on the road is appreciated immensely!

When I got home from Chuck's I could smell something burning. Something is either melting (old oil or grease?), or oil is coming out, of the #1 port and running down the exhaust bend, and smoking pretty good. Any ideas? I can't get to a good angle to see precisely where it's coming from.
Howie
Josh

Post by Josh »

Smelled like anti-sieze when we fired it up lastnight. Chuck did give the new studs a healthy dose.
Howie

Post by Howie »

So it's anti-sieze coming off/melting off?
Howie