CampmobileCraig

Westy4ransoms

Re: CampmobileCraig

Post by Westy4ransoms »

Gotcha. The sportsmobile i had was a 67. Explains the change in name but same manufacture and design.
Ron

Post by Ron »

Yes Craig from what I understand older ones named Campmobile and 67 were called Sportmobile. Here is a thread from the Samba with some pics of my interior including sticker with name Campmobile. I got rid of my fridge to make room and easier access to rear.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewto ... campmobile
CraigOnTheBoat

Post by CraigOnTheBoat »

Yes Craig from what I understand older ones named Campmobile and 67 were called Sportmobile. Here is a thread from the Samba with some pics of my interior including sticker with name Campmobile. I got rid of my fridge to make room and easier access to rear.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewto ... campmobile
From your samba post , your bus does not have the "panel" vents. I see yours is also a non walk thru. Was your bus a Kombi conversion? I could not see a pic of passenger side to see how many windows you had.

Mine was a panel conversion as you can see the vents
Attachments
IMG-20120128-00102.jpg
64 Campmobile
87 Syncro
vw7266

Post by vw7266 »

I at one time owned that entire camper interior pictured in the samba thread above by swervyjoe..

he wrecked that camper and I bought the entire interior for like 150 bucks and drove down to Greensboro and picked it up with my dad...I was going to use it in my 57 panel...then I ended up selling Mike Womack for his campmobile that only had a partial interior...so it got drug back to Greensboro and put in a turkis camper just like yours...thats now slammed on its nuts...

By the way....Joe ended up repairing his camper after the wreck and it now has what was left of mikes camper interior in it if that makes any sense at all...

It was a really cool kit for sure...I always liked the built in toilet!
Ron

Post by Ron »

Craig, mine was a panel conversion too. They made some panels without vents.
Brad, I have not had much luck getting my wife and kids to go for that built in toilet. Rest areas and campground facilities are a way better idea. :lol:
CraigOnTheBoat

Post by CraigOnTheBoat »

I always thought the vents were in the non walk thru and the non vents were in the walk thru.

apparently not, :)
64 Campmobile
87 Syncro
toolbox

Post by toolbox »

CraigOnTheBoat wrote:I always thought the vents were in the non walk thru and the non vents were in the walk thru.

apparently not, :)

A bench seat bus with M Code 116 will not have vents.
CraigOnTheBoat

Post by CraigOnTheBoat »

Update: Buzz Buzz goes the welder --- No not my welder either.

Tons more pictures: http://photobucket.com/campmobile
64 Campmobile
87 Syncro
sweeth20007

Post by sweeth20007 »

Craig.... you are well on you way to having a great Bus !! Kirk is amazing with that metal work. You are fortunate to have such a great resource and person so close to you. Very impressive!
Ken

Post by Ken »

sweeth20007 wrote:Craig.... you are well on you way to having a great Bus !! Kirk is amazing with that metal work. You are fortunate to have such a great resource and person so close to you. Very impressive!
2X to that. Looking good Craig.
1963 Single Cab
1964 Bowman & Sons Camper (Vegas Bus)
1966 Westy S0-42 Hardtop
1967 Westy SO-42 Pop Top
1968 Single Cab