61 Mango Walk Thru

vw7266

Re: 61 Mango Walk Thru

Post by vw7266 »

nice! do werk!
Six Volt

Post by Six Volt »

Great job! That's very impressive. You obviously have a lot of time in it already. Those fabrications are great. It takes a lot of work, but WOW those are impressive. I agree with your comment about not welding that long panel all the way across. I warped mine doing that and the painter had to fix my error. Live and learn! Great job so far and please keep the pics coming! :D
Busjunky

Post by Busjunky »

here she is about 1 year ago about to be resuced from her grave. this ol' timer has been sitting since 1975 :-)

Heres a few pics of what she looked like days before i got her back in september.

here hows she looks as of today!! body work is done!! patina has been retained and its days away from being on the road again after a 37 year hiatus.

No more rot or cancer!! Brand new brake lines and cylinders. Fully rebuilt 1835cc performace engine. Alot of the OG paint was retained. Well as much as i could possibly save! I couldn't be happier with this project and im proud i stuck by it. This seemed like it would be impossible when i first got it. A huge thanks to everyone who helped me with this along the way. Especially Kirk and Patrick!! Now i get to hear people tell me i need to "restore" it who aren't in the know of what this bus was really like when i first got it lol.
SlashKirk

Post by SlashKirk »

Great to see another one rescued and on the road soon ;)

Question: How did you punch the tail light holes the correct size? I need to do this soon.
Never mind, it looks like its original metal.
1961 Swivel Seat Kombi
vw7266

Post by vw7266 »

Nice work..my only question is how are u going to mount the front bumper?
Busjunky

Post by Busjunky »

vw7266 wrote:Nice work..my only question is how are u going to mount the front bumper?
Lol. I knew someone would ask that!! I dont have any bumpers yet but when i get some ill just cut the slots out. No biggie.
@kirk yep og steel.
vw7266

Post by vw7266 »

someone get this guy some bumpers! ASAP
slayer

Post by slayer »

Truly a nice job!!

" Marine Sniper - You can run, but you'll just die tired!"

56 Kombi (The Slayer Bus)
65 Sundial Camper
68 Single Cab
03 Passat
WideFive

Post by WideFive »

"There is no restoration process that can give a car legitimacy equal to originality."