vw7266

Re: haulin the mail

Post by vw7266 »

It's gonna look good frank!

I like that dash too! :D
Hapybus

Post by Hapybus »

yes Brad... agreed... as I became more and more intimate with the truck, it was appearant that this was the way to go with the dash... really looks sweet installed

If anyone is a wiring wizard... this is a 68, and as you know there are many one year only parts... not sure about the turns signal switch. Took one from a donor 69, seemed to have the same wires, same number count, but I ended up with an extra wire from the turn signal switch.. I have left front blinkers, nothing on th right, and no power to the rear at all
Randy

Post by Randy »

Saw it in person the other day, when returning with the syncro. All I can say is WOW!!!
62 EZ Camper
99 Rialta
67 Westy
71 Westy
83 Mexican Panel “Julio”
Hapybus

Re: Frank is "Haulin the Mail"

Post by Hapybus »

paint is done
Attachments
shiny ole' work truck
shiny ole' work truck
Hapybus

Post by Hapybus »

the seats are done thanks to Derwagenwerks.. Thanks Bill... they just slid right on!!
Attachments
seats are done thanks to Derwagenwerks... Thanks Bill.. these things just slide right on~
seats are done thanks to Derwagenwerks... Thanks Bill.. these things just slide right on~
vw7266

Post by vw7266 »

hells yeah! Franks doin that thing justice! Nice to see it finally getting fixed up after changing hands so many times
SlashKirk

Post by SlashKirk »

Love that logo!
1961 Swivel Seat Kombi
Hapybus

Post by Hapybus »

thanks Captain K... and yes Brad that is a very satisfactory element of this job.. knowing how many hands and how many hits it has taken... not a show piece but a shiny piece o' crap that I will have a ton o' fun rolling
Six Volt

Post by Six Volt »

That bus looks awesome. :D Its really stunning. You're going to have every mail carrier in the country coming up to you with a litany of questions! :lol:

I don't know what's in the water this winter, but there sure seems to be a record number of projects involving buses! And they all seem to be huge "all in" projects involving full paint and mechanicals. No shortcuts this year! :lol:

So what's the history on this bus? Is this the same bus that was in your shop in Columbus a couple years back?