76 vw sterling nova kit car

heyed67

76 vw sterling nova kit car

Post by heyed67 »

my little brother just picked up this car from nm. our grandfather helped build it,took best in show in the 80's at some museum car show... got parked in the garage.shortly after the owner "mark" went missing and has never been found? I think like 28 years a go.. it sat in there ever since like a ghost in the shadows of a creepy ass old garage...marks mother barb I think Is bitter sweet about letting it go but I think she will find some peace after she see's her sons dream come back to life..Ill post some pics when my bro gets home..
CraigOnTheBoat

Re: 76 vw sterling nova kit car

Post by CraigOnTheBoat »

Great creepy story. You better check on your brother
64 Campmobile
87 Syncro
heyed67

Post by heyed67 »

:D :lol: he's all good!!!..thanks... good thing he lives next door....there is one problom! we cant figure out how to get the duel webber carbs tuned right its beyond me I know old school 1 carb pokin out the top....maybe tommorrow :?
vw7266

Post by vw7266 »

when u give up on the duals let me know Id like to have an older set of webers and I'll buy u the new carb of your choice in trade
heyed67

Post by heyed67 »

got the carb ussue worked out! no sweat :D
Attachments
20130718_095904_resized.jpg
heyed67

Post by heyed67 »

heyed67 wrote:got the carb ussue worked out! no sweat :D
I lied the probloms returns.. :? what would cause exhust pipe from cylinder #1 and#2 to over heat also intake from same side gets ice cold coverd with condensation? compression is good in all cylinders...runs raggedy at moderate acceleration..."HELP I need sombody.HELP"
TRL

Post by TRL »

The intake can freeze up due to the preheater pipe getting clogged with soot. And then can cause a lean condition. Which will make a motor over-heat. Lean fuel mixtures is a motor killer.
The Rick Lang
Dual Port

Post by Dual Port »

heyed67 wrote:
heyed67 wrote:
We cant figure out how to get the dual Weber carbs tuned right.

What would cause exhaust pipe from cylinder #1 and#2 to over heat, also intake from same side gets ice cold covered with condensation? Compression is good in all cylinders...runs raggedy at moderate acceleration...HELP I need somebody.HELP

It sounds like you need your carbs either rebuilt, or taken apart and cleaned out. If you have basic skills you should be able to do a basic R&R, pop the tops off, and clean them out yourself without much time or expense. That's where I'd start, anyway. I'm no Weber guy by any means, but I've fixed many carbs without spending a dime.

Can you post pics of the engine? Do you know what model carbs you have?

:mrgreen:

Edit- Rick, I think he has duals which means no pre-heat tube.
Bruce Amacker
'66 Deluxe Bus
'65 Standard Bus
TRL

Post by TRL »

Haha. Missed the dual carb part. Yes the carb needs some attention.
The Rick Lang
Mike Kever Kombi

Post by Mike Kever Kombi »

Ed,

Post up a pick of the engine. Also check the redline performance website, there is some good info on basic tuning of the webers. Did you ever get an ste bk, to sync the. Carbs?
If not we can hook up and you can use mine. Send me pm and we can work something out.
Mike

1961 Microbus

1971 Super Beetle (1302s)

1975 Westfalia

Sarcasm is just one of the many services I offer.

I like my water filtered through a bed of grains, cleansed by yeast, and preserved with hops.