Mike Kever Kombi

Re: 1971 Early Bay Panel

Post by Mike Kever Kombi »

Is this operation WSD approved?
Mike

1961 Microbus

1971 Super Beetle (1302s)

1975 Westfalia

Sarcasm is just one of the many services I offer.

I like my water filtered through a bed of grains, cleansed by yeast, and preserved with hops.
Busjunky

Post by Busjunky »

wwebner wrote:
Busjunky wrote:I edited that pic and previewed post^^ after i submitted the post it flipped it. It doesn't do this on any other site. Im sorry for the viewing inconvience...
If you click on it it should rotate and enlarge. It does for me.
Thanks!
Busjunky

Post by Busjunky »

Here that engine and trans raise pic. Note how much higher above the torsion i am :)
Attachments
image.jpg
Busjunky

Post by Busjunky »

Here's a look at the bag/suspension mock up. I had to clock the trailing arm mounts upward on the torsion. The bag bracket is all custom fab. Probably over kill, but better then not having enough support. Theres alot riding on the bags. In case your wondering ill have to make a custom parcel shelf. That also had to be raised 5".
Attachments
image.jpg
Busjunky

Post by Busjunky »

I ended up adding extra supports later on. Here's a bare bones look.
Attachments
image.jpg
Last edited by Busjunky on Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Busjunky

Post by Busjunky »

I had to step down my wheel size to get über low. Luckily, i was able to find these true bbs ra's with the correct hub bore on craigslist. So i drove out to pick them up in PA. I'll need longer wheel studs to run them safely. I think they'll look freaking awesome while stanced. At this point in the wheels travel, the frame has already touched the ground. It's like 4" higher then the torsion ends, if I remember correctly.
Attachments
image.jpg
Busjunky

Post by Busjunky »

I haven't got to the front suspension, yet. I had these custom beam raise plates cut for me. This will raise the entire beam up 5" putting the top tube thru the cab. By doing this im able to run my stock spindles. No welding, flipping etc. it also allows me to keep my suspension geometry as close to stock as possible, while only being inches off the ground. The only down side is that the beam will no longer be removable from the bus once ive welded the tubes to the end plates. At this point though, removing the beam is the least of my concerns.
Attachments
image.jpg