1962 Panel Bus

Busjunky

1962 Panel Bus

Post by Busjunky »

Well this thing sat on the samba for too long. Im the only one crazy enough to adopt such a thing. I got home on sunday and was going over it last night and kinda had a panic attack. Once i had dug in some more and seen how damaged it truly was i began getting buyers regret. After i vented to Aaron for a second, had a chance to chill out, regroup my thoughts on the project, i decided that i can do it! Im going to fix every single thing on this bus and make it mine!! So here is the beginning of project Tetanus. I feel in love with Danny's panel bus, back when Dale still owned it and i've been wanting another one for awhile now. The only good on the entire bus is the roof. Ill be doing panel grafting, new steel, old steel etc. I'll need the rear portions of the engine bay where the frame meets the corner. Ill need front sections of the frame where the beam bolts up. If anyone has any steel for a split bus, ill probably need it. I'll will pay you for it of course. Like i said this old bus needs it all and im going to give it my all. First things first..BRAKES!! Then ill toss an engine in. I wanna drive it while i work on it. Not like the last time lol.
Attachments
image.jpg
SlashKirk

Re: 1962 Panel Bus

Post by SlashKirk »

Good luck with the new project :D
1961 Swivel Seat Kombi
Busjunky

Post by Busjunky »

Kirk wrote:Good luck with the new project :D
Thanks Capt!
TRL

Post by TRL »

Sweet!
The Rick Lang
Busjunky

Post by Busjunky »

Thanks Rick!! Ok so ive come up with a game plan. Im going to gather as much og steel i can to repair this and weld it in. Once its mostly solid im going to knock off all the loose paint, buff it out, sand down the surface rust and clear the whole thing. It may have one blue door, one grey door idk yet, but im gonna leave it og paint. It'll kinda be a mixture of saved buses. I was able to pick up this 1956 dove blue panel as a parts donor. I also got a 1956 single cab. I couldn't get any good pics of the single cab because it was covered in weeds and poison ivy. Here's the panel.
Attachments
image.jpg
Busjunky

Post by Busjunky »

That panels really sitting upside down like that!! ^^^ :)
wwebner

Post by wwebner »

I think it is a phone camera or tablet issue,Apple? if you click on the pic it should come up correct.
TRL

Post by TRL »

Its right side up on my fruit phone.
The Rick Lang
Busjunky

Post by Busjunky »

TRL wrote:Its right side up on my fruit phone.
Do you have this issue too? When i "preview" post it's correct. The moment i hit submit it flips it upside down. Oh well. I bought these low hinge logo'd panel doors today. Im pretty stoked I picked up a set of logo'd white panel doors! Its from the Fankhouser Dairy in Iowa. I haven't done much research on it, but the doors are only surface rusty and will look amazing on the patina bus.
Attachments
image.jpg
Busjunky

Post by Busjunky »

Due to such a massive project i bought another bus and sold this one. I just dont have the time or ambition for such a massive project. I bought a sea blue 67. Front floor work, inner lower doglegs, outer cargo rocker and a battery tray. All the other problem areas are solid. Pics coming soon.