1967 Sea Blue

Busjunky

Re: 1967 Sea Blue

Post by Busjunky »

heyed67 wrote:Idk my 67 went to LA california I also do not have back up lights..I'll look into this..
On the samba home page where it has those vw facts #Xxx states that one of vw's many innovations was back up lights lol. So they invented the idea, but what year did they become standard? 1968 had them for sure and ive seen many of 67's with them. Maybe it was late 67 builds. Kinda like how 62 had fatlip and thinlip doglegs. Mid year switch? Mine was built in december of 66, which was 4 months into the 67 model year build.
toolbox

Post by toolbox »

The early 67's did not have backup lights, dual circuit masters or the DIN radio hole, You could confirm with Progressive Refinements for change dates.
Busjunky

Post by Busjunky »

toolbox wrote:The early 67's did not have backup lights, dual circuit masters or the DIN radio hole, You could confirm with Progressive Refinements for change dates.
Well that saves me money if i need to buy a master cylinder. The din dash would of been cool. I guess that sums that up! Thanks for clarifying!
toolbox

Post by toolbox »

Busjunky wrote:
toolbox wrote:The early 67's did not have backup lights, dual circuit masters or the DIN radio hole, You could confirm with Progressive Refinements for change dates.
Well that saves me money if i need to buy a master cylinder. The din dash would of been cool. I guess that sums that up! Thanks for clarifying!
EIS has a Chinese dual master for $39! and the reservoir for $25. Will post pictures later..

The parts look good to go after a proper cleaning, final hone and assembly.

Cleaned, inspected and prepped for assembly.

Assembled

New DOT braided stainless lines

I just need a few good pictures of a STOCK 67 to finalize line routing and a pushrod to buy or use as a copy so I can make one if anyone can help.
Busjunky

Post by Busjunky »

I will gladly help ya when I get mine home :/ its in New York. Paid for and awaiting pick up. I was going to go this weekend, but he will be out of town for a wedding. So im going the following weekend. If the master cylinder is original and in decent shape im going to rebuild it. I have nos cylinder kits here. All new rubber lines etc. Looking for a deal on some og pop out glass and hoping i find a og paint sea blue apron. It's a relief having a project that isn't going to take a decade.
Busjunky

Post by Busjunky »

Did you use the german internals with the Chinese housing? Or did you just completely rebuild it once you got it? That's a really good price for a dual. They really stick it to ya on the one year only parts :/
Ken

Post by Ken »

According to the David Eccles book "Specification Guide 1950-1967". At the start of the 1967 model year, August 1, 1966, "Dual circuit braking and reversing lights were standard on some export models (mainly US)".
1963 Single Cab
1964 Bowman & Sons Camper (Vegas Bus)
1966 Westy S0-42 Hardtop
1967 Westy SO-42 Pop Top
1968 Single Cab
Busjunky

Post by Busjunky »

Ken wrote:
According to the David Eccles book "Specification Guide 1950-1967". At the start of the 1967 model year, August 1, 1966, "Dual circuit braking and reversing lights were standard on some export models (mainly US)".
Right, but mine was built on December 19, 1966 and its destination was England. Its left hand drive though. Ed's doesn't have them either and his was LA shipped. If dual circuit braking was standard on August 1st then his would in fact be dual circuit. So it seems it started later in the production year?
wwebner

Post by wwebner »

"Dual circuit braking and reversing lights were standard on some export models (mainly US)". I think the key word is "SOME"
heyed67

Post by heyed67 »

I've got a single circuit master, no backup lights...production date 8-18-66 but mcode # 425 calls for these upgrades..