1967 Sea Blue

Busjunky

1967 Sea Blue

Post by Busjunky »

Well the 62 panel was a lot of work. I had been back and fourth on it several times. I was on monkey nut's website and put everything I needed to repair the front nose, floor, doglegs and lower bulkhead in my virtual cart. It would of cost a lot and that was to just make the front solid. Frame work needed done too. The bus didn't exceed my abilities, it's just I don't have the ambition I used to :(
I've still been watching the market and checking the samba, ebay and craigslist daily. This bus had popped up in New York and I bought it immediately. The following day i listed in the 62 panel and sold it 10 minutes later. So now i have a new project in much better condition then what I initially started with. I think a few weekends of love and this can be put back on the road. It was a running, driving bus that was parked back in 2000. Since then the PO's little brother shot out the side windows. There's also some bullet holes on the long panel. Its kind of gangster, actually. Aside from needing 6 pop outs and door glass, the bus doesn't need much at all body wise. It will need a front floor, outer cargo door floor with rocker, short side rocker, lower inner and probably outer dogleg on the driver side only. The long side rocker, passenger dogleg, windshield, lower nose, rear corners, and cargo floor are all very solid. It was missing the rear apron, rear bumper and middle seat. All the rest of it is there including all the door cards. Those will need some work as well, but at-least their still there. I will need some pops and a rear bumper and rear apron. The rest of it can be done no problem. Pull the engine and rebuild it. Redo all the brakes/mechanicals. Replace the front floor and roll it. Work on the other stuff while I drive. Its never been restored or had paint work so I will be keeping this a OG paint preservation restoration. Most of the under coating is still on the frame too. Im looking forward seeing THIS bus all the way thru lol.
Attachments
image.jpg
Busjunky

Re: 1967 Sea Blue

Post by Busjunky »

Passenger side.
Attachments
image.jpg
TRL

Post by TRL »

Sweet!!! And great move!
The Rick Lang
Busjunky

Post by Busjunky »

Outriggers and inner rocker
Attachments
underside.jpg
underside.jpg (58.35 KiB) Viewed 2476 times
Busjunky

Post by Busjunky »

TRL wrote:Sweet!!! And great move!
Thanks, Rick! You weren't feeling the 62? Anyone who came down to my shop thought I was out of my mind.
Busjunky

Post by Busjunky »

The vents are not hacked thank god! That cover is just held on by 4 screws. The antenna is mounted to the cover. So that'll be a easy fix.
Mike Kever Kombi

Post by Mike Kever Kombi »

Looks like you could just hop in and drive off as is.
Mike

1961 Microbus

1971 Super Beetle (1302s)

1975 Westfalia

Sarcasm is just one of the many services I offer.

I like my water filtered through a bed of grains, cleansed by yeast, and preserved with hops.
Busjunky

Post by Busjunky »

Mike Kever Kombi wrote:Looks like you could just hop in and drive off as is.
That would be nice! It'll be a driver before winters over!
Busjunky

Post by Busjunky »

The M-Code plate decoder says that this buses destination was England. Does that explain why there's no reverse lights? 1967 had reverse lights if im not mistaken?
Attachments
image.jpg
heyed67

Post by heyed67 »

Idk my 67 went to LA california I also do not have back up lights..I'll look into this..