Cate Blair's Buses For Sale

RIS

Re: Cate Blair's Buses For Sale

Post by RIS »

Howie wrote:This Post can be Removed now, Mods.
Not so fast... :D

I have a bunch of Cate's parts I had been storing for future projects. One of Cate's daughters will be picking it all up tonight to have at the rummage sale tomorrow:

Lot of Solex 32-34 PDSIT carburetors.
2 carbs disassembled. 4 complete carbs. 4 intakes. 2 new rebuild kits. Some linkage and misc. parts.

AK engine case.
Dual relief, factory 8mm head stud inserts.
Align bored .040", main oil galley drilled/tapped/plugged front & rear.

New main, rod, and cam bearings for the above case & a standard crank (no crankshaft here).

New 85.5mm piston & cylinder set with .035 steel barrel shims.

Reground stock camshaft & lifters.

Used 311b rods with new nuts, balance checked 574-576 grams.

New gasket kit with main seal, new push rod tubes.

Used push rods, crank gears and misc engine hardware.

Price? You gotta talk to the girls tomorrow.
Richard Sedoris - VW Performance & Machine - Youngstown, OH
http://rismachine.tumblr.com/
Frankinbus

Post by Frankinbus »

what is the address in howard ? im in mt vernon tomorrow for a grandsons birthday party and would like to stop by there
65 11 window bus
2012 turbo beetle
1964 berry mini t buggy
Howie

Post by Howie »

27815 Zuck Rd. Howard Ohio 43228. (St. Rt. 36 to St Rt. 715 first road to the right off of 715 is Zuck Rd. 4th house on the right just before the curve. Big yellow school bus in the front yard.
Howie
‎"...the ones in love with the night, they light up like a cigarette." -Jack Kerouac
HotVdub

Post by HotVdub »

Any word on who and where these ended up? I spent a lot of time with Bruce and Cate under the hood and wouldn't mind seeing the buses again when and if they are ever fixed up. I have a lot of fond memories out on Zuck road with Cate swapping parts on the buses! Those were two people that could make things last some miles. They will be missed.
blue71

Post by blue71 »

HotVdub wrote:Any word on who and where these ended up? I spent a lot of time with Bruce and Cate under the hood and wouldn't mind seeing the buses again when and if they are ever fixed up. I have a lot of fond memories out on Zuck road with Cate swapping parts on the buses! Those were two people that could make things last some miles. They will be missed.
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4024

Then the high top lives with Oliver and January. Smittie knows how to reach them, as I forget their name here.
Nick a.k.a. Parts-whore, Young Nick, Subwoofer Nick, Nebraska Nick, Doc, the Amish connection.

Now: 1967 bug, 68 westy, 70 bus, 70 westy, 70 bug (FS), 71 westy, 71 bug
Past: 58 bug, 66 bug, 68 bug, 68 westy, 71 super, 74 super
bea_bug66

Post by bea_bug66 »

HotVdub wrote:Any word on who and where these ended up? I spent a lot of time with Bruce and Cate under the hood and wouldn't mind seeing the buses again when and if they are ever fixed up. I have a lot of fond memories out on Zuck road with Cate swapping parts on the buses! Those were two people that could make things last some miles. They will be missed.
Hello, Ollie and i ended up getting Ol' Blue. Ollie almost has the motor done. Its taking us a lot longer than we expected to get her back on the road. He was just put on 6 days, 12 hour shifts so that's gonna make it worse. No money no play Right? Those two were amazing! Wish i would have got to have known them better. Your always welcome to come visit and swap stories. We'd love to hear them.
*January*

70 Adventurewagen Juno aka Ol' Blue
12 Turbo Beetle Kafer
14 CC Sedan Elvira