'69 Ghia

Dual Port

Re: '69 Ghia

Post by Dual Port »

Trimmed and started, it runs perfect! Great oil pressure, no leaks, couldn't ask for anything more. It still needs detail, more run time, and reset the valves before installation. I just ballparked them on assembly.......

Bruce Amacker
'66 Deluxe Bus
'65 Standard Bus
Dual Port

Post by Dual Port »

I didn't know where to put these pics, I just thought I'd continue the motor thread. My luck sucks. I tore down another AE dual port engine to find it had been run out of oil, seized/spun the rear main, wiped the crank and pulled a bearing dowel loose in the case.

Even after heating the bearing I could only move it 1/4", the other mains were discolored from heat.

And both heads were cracked. There wasn't a phukking part inside the that motor that's usable. But it had a good Hoover bit......
:roll:
Bruce Amacker
'66 Deluxe Bus
'65 Standard Bus
Ken

Post by Ken »

Great work. That motor is better than new! :D :D :D
1963 Single Cab
1964 Bowman & Sons Camper (Vegas Bus)
1966 Westy S0-42 Hardtop
1967 Westy SO-42 Pop Top
1968 Single Cab
Dual Port

Post by Dual Port »

Well, work has lightened up and finally allowed me to get something done on the Ghia. The engine (which I assembled in January!) has several hours of run time on the stand, reset the valves, fixed a couple of nuisance leaks, and was ready to go in. I yanked the 2180, put it on the shelf and put the stock 1600SP in. It runs great! I drove it to the Saturday cruise/train station, have about 100 miles on it, and changed the oil. A bit of detail work and it gets a For Sale sign. Special pricing for LO members………

Out with the big:

In with the stock:

Bruce Amacker
'66 Deluxe Bus
'65 Standard Bus