'78 Transporter

Betty Bus

'78 Transporter

Post by Betty Bus »

My husband and I bought a 1978 transporter 23 years ago. The original owner was a DJ and used it for his business. It had "Good Vibrations" painted on the side. The next owners were our best friend's grandparents, Marion & Betty. They cruised the back roads of South East Ohio garage saleing and socializing. Marion would wear a top hat to match the top hat and canes painted with the DJ name. Eventually, they had it painted back to the original tan and brown. We bought it from them. We built a bed in the back and used it for camping for years. We even drove from mid Ohio to the Outer Banks on our honeymoon 20 years ago! When we had kids, we took the bed out and the seats went back in so all 4 of us could ride safely. We would cruise around our neighborhood giving out free eggs from our backyard chickens. Eventually, life took over and we got busy. The bus sat in the garage for many years. Now the kids are teenagers and we're ready to get back on the road. We had some work done to get "Betty" back into good running condition and cleaned her up. We're in the process of putting the bed back in and making curtains to go on some camping trips this spring & summer.
We smile remembering "Good Vibrations" as we see the Monopoly Top Hat that dangles from the rear view mirror.
Marla

Re: '78 Transporter

Post by Marla »

Very Cool story! :D Post up some pictures.
It's Marla with an " L"
(My list of assets is just too long...)
wwebner

Post by wwebner »

Hope to meet up. this is fairly close to you. viewtopic.php?f=26&t=5004
TRL

Post by TRL »

Hi! Hope to meet you and the bus soon!
The Rick Lang
WideFive

Post by WideFive »

Right on!
"There is no restoration process that can give a car legitimacy equal to originality."
Betty Bus

Post by Betty Bus »

wwebner wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:08 am Hope to meet up. this is fairly close to you. viewtopic.php?f=26&t=5004
I was so excited when I saw this event, but wer have other obligations this weekend. 😢
Betty Bus

Post by Betty Bus »

[img]https://i.imgur.com/1LBK2Ki.jpg/img]

I would have posted pictures sooner, but I had to have my teenage son explain to me how to do it! Hope this works! Is there a better way to do it so the picture shows up without clicking a link?
Karl Kombi

Post by Karl Kombi »

Nice bus! We hope to meet you in the near future. :D
toolbox

Post by toolbox »

Betty Bus wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:18 am Image

I would have posted pictures sooner, but I had to have my teenage son explain to me how to do it! Hope this works! Is there a better way to do it so the picture shows up without clicking a link?

You needed to add a bracket to the closing image tag [\img]
wwebner

Post by wwebner »

Betty Bus wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:18 am [img]https://i.imgur.com/1LBK2Ki.jpg/img]

This should help.viewtopic.php?f=18&t=4570

we don't advise using 3rd party photo hosting,as they can vanish.