Some misc projects 1

TheBigSpud

Some misc projects 1

Post by TheBigSpud »

Done a few upgrades over the last year and thought I'd catalog them for anyone interested. Don't mean to bore everyone, but they might be some things someone else may be thinking of doing and a pic is worth a zillion words or maybe something I can help you with.

Put in retractable seat belts - 90 clams for the pair shipped to my door brand new. A true pleasure.

VDO tach to fill the empty clock spot 0e-bay), coco mats (Wolfsburg), and awesome 'wheelskins' wheel wrap- no more sticky wheel. Leather just really feels good. Parcel tray from BusDepot

Auxillary Batter - PORed the battery trays and fiberglassed them. installed new deep cycle batt. Replaced the westy converter with a new technology 'smart charger'/converter. Then a new fuse block under the seat to power lights, sink, stereo, and 3 new power (cig lighter) outlets (2 in dash, 1 in back). Also an inverter that I may or may not really use much. New A/C outlet that actually holds a plug in. Relay/isolator to combine batterys when charging and separate otherwise.
Pete
78 Westy 2.0L FI
Six Volt

Re: Some misc projects 1

Post by Six Volt »

Nice job! You're getting me motivated! .... To call Kyle! :lol:
Howie

Post by Howie »

You are going to wonder how you ever lived without that parcel tray. I wasn't able to get my E-Brake handle off, so I had to cut a slit in the tray to slip over the brake rod which was a PITA. The only problem is the drink holders are worthless. But they are great for holding Turnpike change. I can take a picture of how I modified my tray with a deeper drink holder if you are interested.
Howie
‎"...the ones in love with the night, they light up like a cigarette." -Jack Kerouac
TheBigSpud

Post by TheBigSpud »

Howie wrote:You are going to wonder how you ever lived without that parcel tray. I wasn't able to get my E-Brake handle off, so I had to cut a slit in the tray to slip over the brake rod which was a PITA. The only problem is the drink holders are worthless. But they are great for holding Turnpike change. I can take a picture of how I modified my tray with a deeper drink holder if you are interested.
Yep, the drink holders are worthless for their intended purpose. I got a console I use for that now. I'd like to see a pic or description though - can never have to many drinks going!
Pete
78 Westy 2.0L FI
Howie

Post by Howie »

I'll take some pics then. It might come in handy. Cheap, quick, and easy to do. I'll get the pics up this weekend.
Howie
‎"...the ones in love with the night, they light up like a cigarette." -Jack Kerouac
wwebner

Post by wwebner »

Nice work Pete. Looks like you have had a productive winter.
Bill
Howie

Post by Howie »

I cut a round hole in my dash tray then sunk a home made cup holder into it. It was an old shampoo bottle that I cut down, then I flared tabs at the top of it. It slides down into the hole in the tray and the tabs hold it up.
Howie