Some misc projects 2

TheBigSpud

Some misc projects 2

Post by TheBigSpud »

Done a few upgrades over the last year and thought I'd catalog them for anyone interested. Don't mean to bore everyone, but they might be some things someone else may be thinking of doing and a pic is worth a zillion words or maybe something I can help you with.

Put in VDO oil temp and pressure gauges. Temp sender in the inspection plate. Pressure sender using a splitter so I can monitor pressure and still keep the idiot light functional.

Put in a third brake light - I've always been nervous about the visiblity of the bus brake lights and this should be a great and cheap (<10 bucks) upgrade.
Pete
78 Westy 2.0L FI
Six Volt

Re: Some misc projects 2

Post by Six Volt »

TheBigSpud wrote:
Put in a third brake light - I've always been nervous about the visiblity of the bus brake lights and this should be a great and cheap (<10 bucks) upgrade.
Everything looks great! Nice job. Those rear brake lights are great. Be glad you're 12 volt. The 6 volt ones are not cheap! :o
Howie

Post by Howie »

Where did you get your 3rd brake light from? I like it!
Howie
‎"...the ones in love with the night, they light up like a cigarette." -Jack Kerouac
TheBigSpud

Post by TheBigSpud »

E-bay. $7.98 and free shipping all the way from shang hai! Even if it craps out, your not out much. I like the fact that the lights will rotate to any angle, as bus windows are vertical and most are not, making it universal.
Pete
78 Westy 2.0L FI