Event Updates for 2020

Marla

Event Updates for 2020

Post by Marla »

Hello Fellow LEAKOILers!

We wanted to reach out to all of you to give you an update on where we stand with some of our Upcoming Events. We have been watching the updates as they have been provided by our Governor, to help us determine how we want to proceed with our events in the near future. We appreciate your patience, flexibility and understanding. For the month of May these are our considerations.

We have decided to postpone Tune Up Day. The date will be determined at a later time as things progress.
The Third Thursday for May is on the 21st. It is likely that restaurants & bars will still be closed, at this time. Being that it is only a couple days before our Spring Cruise, we are going to forego this month’s meeting.

Which brings me to our Spring Cruise! We would still like to have a Spring Cruise the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend, May 23rd. However, the format of the cruise may change. We are looking into options and we will give an update on this later. If you are interested in joining in, then keep that day open until further notice. We are really hoping to have something planned for us to get in our buses and go on a cruise.

Last on the list to update is the Mohican Camp out. We are getting in contact with Mohican Wilderness Campground to see how they are going to proceed with this years camping season. Again, we will monitor the situation and make a final decision once we know more. For now, we would like to keep this one in the books for June 12th - 14th.

Again, thank you everyone for your patience. We will try to give updates in a timely manner as best as we can. We are doing our best to keep events going yet keeping safety and everyone’s comfort levels in mind.

Stay well and hopefully we’ll see you all soon.
It's Marla with an " L"
(My list of assets is just too long...)
WideFive

Re: Event Updates for 2020

Post by WideFive »

Thanks for the update!
"There is no restoration process that can give a car legitimacy equal to originality."
Lysa

Post by Lysa »

Thanks for the information.. I’m new to this group and would like to meet.. my vw is ready to go
Lysa
78 VW bus 🚎
71 VW Westfalia 🚐
Marla

Post by Marla »

The Spring Cruise is on. Go to the Spring Cruise Topic in this forum. We will post the details there in the near future.

Stay tuned for updates on the other events being planned...
It's Marla with an " L"
Marla

Post by Marla »

You probably have noticed a lot of updates going on in the Upcoming Events forum for this summer. We are planning events as best as we can and getting the information out as soon as we have it.

For now Third Thursdays will continue to be "up in the air". We typically go to the "Concert in the Park" series in downtown Vermilion for our summer months. So far we have not received confirmation on when that will resume. Basil's is also not open for business. We are in contact with both venues to get updates as we go. We have added the Erie Kai event for this Sunday as a substitute for June. July will be determined later.

You will also notice the Oberlin Meet up listed for July 24th. The city will close the street for LEAKOIL members to park our buses at their main square downtown. This will be an informal gathering. Bring a blanket or lawn chair to hang out in the park. Do some local shopping and dining for the evening.

We have also confirmed the Vermilion Beach Market on August 8th is still on. This is a nice event to hang out by the lake. We will be selling hot dogs and bottled water so if you would like to help out, then post up a response.

You can find information in each of the forum threads within Upcoming Events and in the Events Calendar. Websites with locations, directions and any information we have will generally be posted there. It's always fun to see who is planning on attending ahead of time. If you plan to head out for any or all of these, post it up! Let's have a great summer in spite of all of the turmoil. :)
It's Marla with an " L"