COVVC North Metroparks Crusie-In

rokemester

COVVC North Metropark Cruise-In

Post by rokemester »

I hope you guys will consider joining us on Saturday May 1st for a little drive in the park. This will be the inaugural event for the newly-formed Central Ohio Vintage Volkswagen Club, North Chapter or COVVC North, for short. The purpose of this group is to provide a calendar of events easily reachable by COVVC members who live in Northeast Ohio.

This 20-mile Cruise-In will assemble at the Nature Center parking lot in the Brecksville Reservation of Cleveland Metro parks at 9:30 a.m. on Saturday, May 1, 2010.

http://www.covvc.org/covvcnorth.htm
Mike, Solon
1966 VW Beetle - Murray
LEAKOIL Fan Club
COVVC, Central Ohio Vintage Volkswagen Club
DEADHEAD

Re: COVVC North Metropark Cruise-In

Post by DEADHEAD »

I plan on beeing there. So does my dad.He should have his van by then.
Some people are like slinkies. Not good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

If I can't be a good example, then I'll be a terrific WARNING!
Six Volt

Post by Six Volt »

I posted it up on the pull down calendar link. Looks like a nice event. That's a great park! Better alert Berea Bob that we're invading his old turf! Scwindiman too! :D The roads are meticulously maintained, so maybe even Aaron can show up! :lol:

Cornerstone is neat place. Also the old Army Navy Store is right there.

The date shouldn't be a problem as long as Bill W. picks the 8th or 15th for tune up day.
THINGE

Post by THINGE »

Mark me down.
1966 VW 13 Window Deluxe Bus
1974 VW Thing (2)
1977 VW Westfalia
framingsilly

Post by framingsilly »

Sounds good Pat and Julie will be there .
1972 weekender
1988 Vanagon
1968 Single cab
1984 Vanagon
1978 Transporter
1987 Cabrio
WideFive

Post by WideFive »

Last edited by WideFive on Mon May 09, 2011 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There is no restoration process that can give a car legitimacy equal to originality."
Howie

Post by Howie »

Check the link for the swap meets & event dates at Quaker City Dragway. My farm is about 3 or 4 miles from there. If anyone wants to make a long weekend out of the event you are welcome to camp out at my farm.
Howie
‎"...the ones in love with the night, they light up like a cigarette." -Jack Kerouac
rokemester

Post by rokemester »

I'm excited that there is some interest in joining the drive in on May 1st. Today is a rare sunny Saturday in Northeastern Ohio. I'm getting the itch for Spring.
Mike, Solon
1966 VW Beetle - Murray
LEAKOIL Fan Club
rokemester

Post by rokemester »

Howie wrote:
Check the link for the swap meets & event dates at Quaker City Dragway. My farm is about 3 or 4 miles from there. If anyone wants to make a long weekend out of the event you are welcome to camp out at my farm.
The organizers would love to host a shine and show meet and a swap meet at these races. It's cool that you have a farm nearby. The track also said that they have accommodations for campers.
Mike, Solon
1966 VW Beetle - Murray
LEAKOIL Fan Club
Howie

Post by Howie »

rokemester wrote:The organizers would love to host a shine and show meet and a swap meet at these races. The track also said that they have accommodations for campers.
That would be cool as well- either way sounds good to me. Any charge to camp at Quaker? Aaron would have to camp at the track because there is no WAY his S/C could get up the hill at my farm unless we air-lifted him in. :lol:
Howie
‎"...the ones in love with the night, they light up like a cigarette." -Jack Kerouac