Country Stage Campout 2010

Randy

Re: Month of May camp out?

Post by Randy »

John Baker's Bus's n Boats campout is in May. Just north east of Cincy. Probably the best location of any campout around. Right on the Little Miami River. This is a constant in the OVT. I'll try and find the dates and get back.

Randy
62 EZ Camper
99 Rialta
67 Westy
71 Westy
83 Mexican Panel “Julio”
thumper

Post by thumper »

i talked to pam owner of country stage campground.
may 22 we have the open area by the pavalion. there is electric and water in that area that we can hook up to.
check in is 1:00 saterday
check out is 2:00 sunday
price per bus 23.00 2 adults & 2 kids under 18.
no firewood to be brought in. I have firewood for us set up.
150 foot away is bathroom and showerhouse.
pond for fishing is catch and release she says it is well stocked.
there is a clubhouse with a quarter pool table.
some of us talked at basils and we can camp in the same area fri. the 21 of may.

i'm ready to camp .
gail
Last edited by thumper on Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Howie

Post by Howie »

thumper wrote:check in is 1:00 check out is 2:00
That's a pretty short campout. :lol: I guess we'll have to pack a lot of fun into one hour?
SERIOUSLY, thank you Gail for doing the legwork on this, and hooking up with Pam and the camp! I'm totally stoked and ready to start camping! I started getting all the junk out of my bus (Winter storage shed syndrome) and got the battery charged up.
Howie
‎"...the ones in love with the night, they light up like a cigarette." -Jack Kerouac
thumper

Post by thumper »

i fixed it howie go back and read it. :oops:
Howie

Post by Howie »

thumper wrote:i fixed it howie go back and read it. :oops:
Awwww I was just funnin' on ya Gail! Don't make Kyle lock me up in a dark room again! :shock: Great job on hooking us up on this place- Thank you again! I may even go for the Friday night camping since it was offered to us. Anyone else?
Howie
‎"...the ones in love with the night, they light up like a cigarette." -Jack Kerouac
lurch

Post by lurch »

If anyone is intrested I can lead a convoy out of elyria at noon to get everyone there. I can talk to chris andi am sure he woulndt mind us at basils. I can even use backroads for people who arnt highway fans let me know who's intrested.
the best ideas are often the worst choices.
vanagons
mopeds
Six Volt

Post by Six Volt »

Well, it's time to decide, so since Gail did all the legwork, and "Country Stage Campgrounds" seems to want us, can we give it a green light? Everyone ok with this?

It's Saturday May 22 starting at 1pm. Gail posted some of the details and amenities a little earlier in this thread.

We need a replacement for Ft. Firelands so people can have something to plan around. Gail did all the leg work and got the owners on board so I guess I'm suggesting we give it a shot. If anyone has concerns or questions, I guess you can "pm" Gail. She's (Thumper) on the site or just post them here. I took the liberty of adding this to the event board, but if you folks say otherwise, I can delete it.

http://www.countrystagecampground.com/
Remark

Post by Remark »

Buses and Boats in Morrow OH will be that same weekend. According to John Baker, it's always the weekend before Memorial Day. If I make it out, I'll be going there. Keep me posted on any other campouts this summer!!

Remark
Those that are easily offended and can't understand sarcasm shouldn't try to talk to me!!!
71 Westy
73 Bug (the wife's)
TheBigSpud

Post by TheBigSpud »

Buses N Boats is something I'm doing, so I'll miss this one, also, if it turns out to be the same weekend. Sounds like a great time and place though - hopefully they don't overlap. I haven't seen any definitive date on Baker's campout .
Pete
78 Westy 2.0L FI
Ken

Post by Ken »

Many thanks to Gail aka Thumper for setting up the Country Stage for the campout. I never camped there but did visit the place once and it seemed really nice.
1963 Single Cab
1964 Bowman & Sons Camper (Vegas Bus)
1966 Westy S0-42 Hardtop
1967 Westy SO-42 Pop Top
1968 Single Cab