Country Stage Campout 2010

SlashKirk

Country Stage in May 2010

Post by SlashKirk »

Do we have any suggestions or opinions on a spring time get together?
1961 Swivel Seat Kombi
Lizzie76

Re: Month of May camp out?

Post by Lizzie76 »

lets go people :roll: ! its gettin close :o ...we need this :P ! i need this :shock: !
If she's amazing, she won't be easy...
If she's easy, she won't be amazing...
Well look at that...I must be the amazingest!
WideFive

Post by WideFive »

Last edited by WideFive on Mon May 09, 2011 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There is no restoration process that can give a car legitimacy equal to originality."
vw7266

Post by vw7266 »

a great camp out would be the drive to charlotte transporter show its in may :D
Six Volt

Post by Six Volt »

Traditionally, the old Ft. Fireland's event was held on the last Saturday in May. For 2010, that would be Saturday, May 29, 2010. That's Memorial Day weekend. If you check the "event calendar," you'll see that date is open. Saturday, May 15 is the Charlotte Transporter Show for those wishing to go to the Carolina's. The Michigan VW show is Sunday, May 23 in Yipsillanti. I know there was often a "night before campout," but I never made it to it, so I can't comment.

Bill will also have to pick a "tune up day" date. He's likely looking at the 8th or 15th, but that's up to him. I know he will weigh in with a date in the next couple weeks.

The 29th seems to be the best date for a local event. Does anyone know a private camping area in Lorain, Huron, Medina or Erie Counties that would accommodate about 20 buses? State Parks are not as forgiving during camping season. I found this link but don't know anything about any of these. http://www.ohiocamper.com/

Anyone know any of these places?
82camper

Post by 82camper »

We stayed at Indian Trial's Campground in New London over the 4th of July in 08 and thought it was a real nice place. They have somewhat of a lake where you can fish and or rent a boat and a few trial's two play areas for the kids and a nice pool don't know when they open it. They have a small camp store and nice bath houses
Ray
82 Camper
98 Jetta TDI
08 Rabbit
11 Honda Element
Howie

Post by Howie »

Lizzie76 wrote:lets go people :roll: ! its gettin close :o ...we need this :P ! i need this :shock: !
We were waiting for YOU to open "Camp Smittie". ;)
Howie
‎"...the ones in love with the night, they light up like a cigarette." -Jack Kerouac
Ron

Post by Ron »

Sean I looked at your site and found this campground in Bath (near Akron) I have never heard of it. Looks like it has been there since the 30s. I elect you to check it out and see if it is any good. http://www.greenvalleyinc.net/ :lol:
Howie

Post by Howie »

Ron wrote:Sean I looked at your site and found this campground in Bath (near Akron) I have never heard of it. Looks like it has been there since the 30s. I elect you to check it out and see if it is any good. http://www.greenvalleyinc.net/ :lol:
How in the heck did you ever find that place? :shock: Hey, I got no hangups about that. I can do that.
Howie
‎"...the ones in love with the night, they light up like a cigarette." -Jack Kerouac
Six Volt

Post by Six Volt »

Well, thankfully, I don't speak for the group, so I'll reserve commenting on Ron's "Bath" location. :lol:

Again, I don't speak for LEAKOIL, so absent Bill weighing in, I would think whatever the collective group feels about a location would be fine. Ray has suggested Indian Trails which looks nice and Ron has suggested an apparently "family friendly" site. :roll: :lol:

I'm sure there are more. Wherever we go, a group rate would be nice. LEAKOIL seems to appreciate "cheap". It might help if we post a price along with a location. Let's hear some suggestions. :D