Dixie Bus Gathering 2010 Aug 12-15

Hapybus

Dixie Bus Gathering 2010 Aug 12-15

Post by Hapybus »

Howdy Campers! Dixie Bus Gathering 2010 is fast approaching.

When: August 12-15
Where: Rustic Knolls Campground, Mt Vernon Oh
Why: To gather with kindred souls

The Ohio Valley Tribe would like to invite you and yours, and theirs, to Rustic Knolls Campground www.rusticknollscampground.com the second weekend of August. We have been meeting here for 9 years now.

Rustic Knolls is in great shape again this year. Ladies, the restrooms are arguably the cleanest you will encounter in a camping season. Cleaned on the hour.

Mommies, the kiddies will love the playground, or maybe you can persuade them to join you at the beach for a little water fun?

We have great family fun planned this year, upon the Friday evening arrivals; there will be a slow roasted Turkey over the open fire on a spit served @ 11 pm.

Saturday morning we will take the screaming cruise to the Central Ohio Vintage Volkswagen car show. This show boasts over 300 registered show cars, and a huge swap area. Every year we take about 20 cars over to the show. So if you like the show scene or swapping, you will not want to miss this.

Saturday evening at 6 pm, we will serve the largest cauldron of chili that you have ever seen. We have a vintage copper kettle that holds roughly 40 gallons of award winning chili.

After dinner, we will be entertained by the Cowboy Country Hillbilly Folk band. http://www.tradebit.com/filedetail.php/ ... hippy-folk These folks have played ComFest for years as well as the Appalachian Uprising. A great family band that has been influenced by Dillion, The GrateFul Dead and more.

Sunday morning AS ALWAYS, WE WILL COOK WHAT YA BRUNG.

If you are not into any of the above, this particular weekend has a lot to offer in the host city of Mt Vernon. Many folks ask why the name DIXIE Bus? Well the song Dixie was crafted by a man named Daniel Decatur Emmet, and he was born and raised in Mt Vernon. There is a weekend long festival in town, http://www.danemmettfestival.org/ with arts crafts, a car show of their own, music all week end long, a Civil War reenactment and more.

For you bikers and hikers, there is an old rail way converted to a bike trail that is over 30 some miles, bound to keep you entertained.
Howie

Re: Dixie Bus Gathering 2010 Aug 12-15

Post by Howie »

Count me in! I wouldn't miss it for the world!
Howie
‎"...the ones in love with the night, they light up like a cigarette." -Jack Kerouac
Six Volt

Post by Six Volt »

Great event that we're proud to have on our calendar. And it goes on for four days! http://www.leakoil.net/wiki/index.php?t ... _BUS_Day_1

I'm always looking for OVT/FMBC events to put on the calendar. OVT/FMBC are great folks and all are 'kindred' spirits to LEAKOIL! :D
Howie

Post by Howie »

I'm planning to head out on that Friday morning. Anyone else going at about that time?
Frank- What kind of foods donations for dinner and/or Sunday Breakfast would you suggest for me to bring?
Howie
‎"...the ones in love with the night, they light up like a cigarette." -Jack Kerouac
vwrick69

Post by vwrick69 »

I'm really trying to get this DC finished to be there!!!!
TheBigSpud

Post by TheBigSpud »

Denise and I have it on the priority agenda to be sure. Not sure, but probably heading down Friday am also. Anything needed, just ask.

Pete
Pete
78 Westy 2.0L FI
Remark

Post by Remark »

I will be there either late Thursday or early Friday! Can't wait!!!
Those that are easily offended and can't understand sarcasm shouldn't try to talk to me!!!
71 Westy
73 Bug (the wife's)
Hapybus

Post by Hapybus »

this year we will have assigned camping spots... something like this... leakoiler..ovt...leakoiler...ovt..etc. Just a little something to bring us all together.

Just kidding you all!! Ha!

Nothing needed but an open mind and a desire to eat well and have a grand time with kindred souls.

see you all soon
Howie

Post by Howie »

Hapybus wrote:this year we will have assigned camping spots
:lol:
Or group the buses by color. Map out a lot of room for all the green ones.
Howie
SlashKirk

Post by SlashKirk »

Hapybus wrote:this year we will have assigned camping spots... something like this... leakoiler..ovt...leakoiler...ovt..etc. Just a little something to bring us all together.
I love that idea Frank!!
1961 Swivel Seat Kombi