Howie's campout @ Dave & Smitties

TheBigSpud

Howie's campout @ Dave & Smitties

Post by TheBigSpud »

Thanks for the campout last night. Denise and I had a great time. You guys have a great place and we really appreciate the hospitality. And thanks to Dave for being my fishing guide service!
Sorry to bug out early, but I got a call at 3am that my mom was being transported to St John Westshore, so we had to pack up and head over there. Hope we didn't wake everyone up banging poles and shutting doors and such, we tried to be quite, but I know how the sound travels at night.

Thanks again
Pete/Denise
Pete
78 Westy 2.0L FI
Six Volt

Re: Howie's campout @ Dave & Smitties

Post by Six Volt »

Hope your Mom is ok.

I ran out there this morning, but all I found was this:

Even this guy was no where to be seen.

Anyway, looks like a beautiful place for a campout.
Howie

Post by Howie »

We were at the flea market. Ya should have called. When we got back, Dennis made us burgers and we had round 2 of the party.
Howie
‎"...the ones in love with the night, they light up like a cigarette." -Jack Kerouac
Howie

Post by Howie »

Thanks for the explanation, Pete. We were worried that you were mad at us or something. Hope everything turns out okay there!
Thanks Davie and Smittie and family for hosting another fabulous party at your beautiful farm! I always feel at home at your place. Here's a few quick shots of the usual suspects in action:
Gail trying to be sneaky and covert, and getting some pics from up in the barn. Gotcha!
Howie
‎"...the ones in love with the night, they light up like a cigarette." -Jack Kerouac
THINGE

Post by THINGE »

Looks like everybody had a good time. I'm sorry I was unable to attend, I had training for my new job (Apple) this whole weekend. Can't pass up an opportunity to work for Steve Jobs. I hope to see everybody soon.

-Brandon

PS: Maybe you'll see me in the Thing next time........if Aaron ever finishes up my engine :lol:
1966 VW 13 Window Deluxe Bus
1974 VW Thing (2)
1977 VW Westfalia
justdave

Post by justdave »

It was great to see everyone who attended this weekend.

Pete and Denise - thanks for the explanation and we wish you and your family the best. You must have been quiet packing up because we didn't leave the campfire until 3:30 and we were still awake when you started the bus and left - never heard a thing until you fired up the bus!

You all make us really enjoy hosting these events. Because of your courtesy and respect, we only spent about 1/2 hour cleaning up EVERYTHING after the last people left today (Dennis and Kelly outlasted Howie this time!!!). Makes it an easy decision to keep offering our place as a gathering ground.

Sean - I'm so sorry we missed you this morning. After last year's detour stopped you from making it, to have you come out this year and all of us be gone! :shock: It's starting to feel like there is some force greater than us working against you! We had a morning group outing just up the road a bit to search for treasures at the flea market. Wish we had checked the website last night to see that you were coming this morning. :(
'78 late bay (needs to be buffed)
'76 late bay (shared with Smittie)
Ken

Post by Ken »

Thanks for all your hospitality and sharing your beautiful place with all of us. It's a perfect spot for a campout.

Also, Best Wishes to Pete's mom.
1963 Single Cab
1964 Bowman & Sons Camper (Vegas Bus)
1966 Westy S0-42 Hardtop
1967 Westy SO-42 Pop Top
1968 Single Cab
WideFive

Post by WideFive »

Last edited by WideFive on Sat May 07, 2011 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There is no restoration process that can give a car legitimacy equal to originality."
TheBigSpud

Post by TheBigSpud »

Thanks for caring. At a certain age a 3am phone call only mean bad news. Twenty-five years ago a call at 3 had possibilities! 8-). Moms doing OK. Thanks.

Always look forward to Gail posting up her quality pics, waiting.....
Pete
78 Westy 2.0L FI
Howie

Post by Howie »

justdave wrote:Dennis and Kelly outlasted Howie this time!!!
Technically, Dennis & Kelly left early in the morning, went home, then returned later after we came back from the fleamarket. I was actually at your farm the longest out of everyone. :P
Howie