2010 Cleveland Oktoberfest

oktober

Re: 2010 Cleveland Oktoberfest

Post by oktober »

Six Volt wrote:
OldBluT2 wrote:If my Rabbit's not invited then I can't bring my teardrop which means someone needs to give up bed space in their bus for me and D. Oh? So the Rabbit's invited now. That's what I thought.
If you're bringing either the '56 single or '68 double when you bring the Rabbit it will be fine. I'd put the teardrop inside by the fence so you don't have to move it with the Cleveland Pops Beethoven concert on Sunday night. (If you're staying that long) You can then leave the Rabbit outside the fence area which is only about 20 yards away.

Check with Rich. He'll make it work. He likes us. :lol:

I do like you. And yes, I'll make it work. First, just try saying you're with the VW show. My guess is that our gate people don't know what an air-cooled VW is anyway. ...Just keep your windows open ;) If they give you any trouble, give me a ring on my cell at 216-650-1665, and I'll get you in.
Rich Croft, Webmaster/Board Member
Cleveland Labor Day Oktoberfest
webmaster@clevelandoktoberfest.com
http://www.clevelandoktoberfest.com
oktober

Post by oktober »

One other thing. Parking by the fence isn't required until Sunday night at like 6ish. Up until then, folks can park anywhere they want, and when the concerts over, they can relocate to anywhere they'd like on the lawn area. The concert should only crimp your style for a couple hours.
Rich Croft, Webmaster/Board Member
Cleveland Labor Day Oktoberfest
webmaster@clevelandoktoberfest.com
http://www.clevelandoktoberfest.com
Howie

Post by Howie »

oktober wrote:The concert should only crimp your style for a couple hours.
"Style"? :lol:
That word ranks right up there with "organized".
Howie
‎"...the ones in love with the night, they light up like a cigarette." -Jack Kerouac
WestsideDan

Post by WestsideDan »

OK! Howie, its all good. :) but one thing i herd that all the beer was on you :lol: cheers
Howie

Post by Howie »

My cooler of beers is open to all my buddies. Dig in!
Howie
‎"...the ones in love with the night, they light up like a cigarette." -Jack Kerouac
OldBluT2

Post by OldBluT2 »

oktober wrote:
Six Volt wrote:
OldBluT2 wrote:If my Rabbit's not invited then I can't bring my teardrop which means someone needs to give up bed space in their bus for me and D. Oh? So the Rabbit's invited now. That's what I thought.
If you're bringing either the '56 single or '68 double when you bring the Rabbit it will be fine. I'd put the teardrop inside by the fence so you don't have to move it with the Cleveland Pops Beethoven concert on Sunday night. (If you're staying that long) You can then leave the Rabbit outside the fence area which is only about 20 yards away.

Check with Rich. He'll make it work. He likes us. :lol:

I do like you. And yes, I'll make it work. First, just try saying you're with the VW show. My guess is that our gate people don't know what an air-cooled VW is anyway. ...Just keep your windows open ;) If they give you any trouble, give me a ring on my cell at 216-650-1665, and I'll get you in.
That was all kidding on my side. Two years ago I shamefully showed up in a Dodge Dakota and had no problem getting in. Just show up in a VW and kick back.
'91 Vanagon Carat
'15 Jetta TSI

Others I wish I'd have had the space and money to keep:
'56 Single Cab, '68 Double Cab, '71 Hardtop Westy, '77 Pop-up Westy, '98 New Beetle, '07 Rabbit
Howie

Post by Howie »

OldBluT2 wrote:Two years ago I shamefully showed up in a Dodge Dakota and had no problem getting in..
Just get your butt up to Oktoberfest, Cunningham. We don't get to see you often enough.
Howie
OldBluT2

Post by OldBluT2 »

I was cruising around Berea in the '56 this afternoon. It's looking good for making it next weekend. Probably shouldn't have said that!
'91 Vanagon Carat
'15 Jetta TSI

Others I wish I'd have had the space and money to keep:
'56 Single Cab, '68 Double Cab, '71 Hardtop Westy, '77 Pop-up Westy, '98 New Beetle, '07 Rabbit
WestsideDan

Post by WestsideDan »

Howie wrote:My cooler of beers is open to all my buddies. Dig in!
now thats whats up. :mrgreen:
Howie

Post by Howie »

Dans64vwbus wrote:
Howie wrote:My cooler of beers is open to all my buddies. Dig in!
now thats whats up. :mrgreen:
You damn Betcha! Feel free to bring a few cans to add to the party. I'll have plenty of ice. And don't forget to cruise the Midway with all those neat Frauliens running around. :twisted:
Howie