2010 Cleveland Oktoberfest

Howie

Re: 2010 Cleveland Oktoberfest

Post by Howie »

Forgot to tell ya Dan, I drink Genny Cream Ale. None of those fancy beers for me.
Howie
‎"...the ones in love with the night, they light up like a cigarette." -Jack Kerouac
volks71folk

Post by volks71folk »

Is it all porto jons or bathrooms?
Ken

Post by Ken »

There are honest-to-goodness bathrooms with flush toilets and even showers. :o
1963 Single Cab
1964 Bowman & Sons Camper (Vegas Bus)
1966 Westy S0-42 Hardtop
1967 Westy SO-42 Pop Top
1968 Single Cab
Six Volt

Post by Six Volt »

volks71folk wrote:Is it all porto jons or bathrooms?
Yes, we camp by the real bathrooms, and in a pinch, Rich just might be able to get you a shower. :lol:

Oktoberfest is a really nice event. So far we've policed ourselves, and the promotors, (Bob with Rich), have been great to us. As long as we keep things reasonable, were good to go. So bring your coolers, but be discreet as this is a business venture for these guys.

That said, I must say the big guy Bob Haas spent a long time by a Howie and Chuck Spence furniture fire last year. :lol: Anyway, you get the message. I don't pack a lot of food or beer anymore because the German stuff at this festival is both good and reasonable. Ask Howie about his legendary schnitzel dinners! :lol:

Better yet, ask Mark & Gail's dog "Turk" about the sausage sandwiches. On second thought, Turk can't talk, so you'll have to take my word for it! :D

Bob & Rich even get us a free pile of wood for the weekend, which I hope we at least try to ration this year! :lol:

If you come out, I think you'll find it to be well worth your while. The music, food, microbrews and general activities are really great, especially for families with kids. The fact that it's free for us makes it a real no brainer. It's also a great chance to check your gear for our signature event on Kelleys in October.

One of the best parts of this festival is Ken Kroll's transporter presentation in the education building. He lines up a class of buses, (commercial ones this year), and has them parade up to the building then does the presentation. I think it's Sunday at 5pm. After that, it's the Cleveland Pops doing Beethoven.

Imagine that, LEAKOIL opens for Beethoven. :lol:
Howie

Post by Howie »

Six Volt wrote:I don't pack a lot of food or beer anymore because the German stuff at this festival is both good and reasonable.
That's for darn sure! What I save by getting in free to camp, I pay 2X more for in food and beverages. The Schnitzel is outstanding! You can get two meals out of that dinner. Just be sure to get in line early! The line gets pretty long around suppertime. Get in line early, or later, after the rush. And if you are adventurous late at night, the dumpsters yielded some good chow 2 years ago, still wrapped in foil. :D

That was the night I met the after-hours cops who were on duty there. They were really cool!

As with all Leakoil events, just practice the Golden Rule.
Howie
‎"...the ones in love with the night, they light up like a cigarette." -Jack Kerouac
Six Volt

Post by Six Volt »

Howie wrote:And if you are adventurous late at night, the dumpsters yielded some good chow 2 years ago, still wrapped in foil. :D
:o
Howie

Post by Howie »

Dont give me that :o face. The food was still WARM! And perfectly good.
Howie
Six Volt

Post by Six Volt »

Howie

Post by Howie »

Ken wrote:There are honest-to-goodness bathrooms with flush toilets and even showers. :o
...and they even have real water in them!
Howie
DEADHEAD

Post by DEADHEAD »

is there such thing as "fake water"? Oh, for anybody with children. If they return from the event with a Jager tong, I had NOTHING :roll: to do with it.
Some people are like slinkies. Not good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

If I can't be a good example, then I'll be a terrific WARNING!