9th Annual VW Buses n Boats Campout May15-17 Morrow Ohio

Buszen

9th Annual VW Buses n Boats Campout May15-17 Morrow Ohio

Post by Buszen »

The Ohio Valley Tribe of the FMBC invites you to the Ninth Annual VW Buses 'n Boats campout May 15-17 in Morrow, Ohio (32 miles north of Cincinnati) Features bus camping, canoeing, live music, Cincinnati-style chile dinner and MORE!! goto:
http://www.geocities.com/buses_n_boats for more info!
PEACE! JOHN BAKER

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Six Volt

Re: 9th Annual VW Buses n Boats Campout May15-17 Morrow Ohio

Post by Six Volt »

Thanks John. I added it to the listing on page one of the '2009 Local Events' thread. Perhaps Kirk can add it to the official calendar if he gets a chance.
SlashKirk

Post by SlashKirk »

It has been added to the Event Calender!

I hope to make it this year too ;)
1961 Swivel Seat Kombi
Buszen

Post by Buszen »

....bump....
Buszen

VW Buses Boats Camping event May 15-17 (updated info!!)

Post by Buszen »

Howdy Y'all,
Sorry for slacking with the updating info...
The Ohio Valley Tribe of the Full Moon Bus Club invites you to the 9th Annual VW Buses 'n Boats Camping event May 15-17 in Morrow, Ohio (32 miles north of Cincinnati). The camping site is BEAUTIFUL, right on the banks (and I do mean RIGHT on the banks) of the beautiful Nationally Designated Scenic Little Miami River. The event will feature bus camping (of course), a 6 mile canoe trip on the scenic Little Miami River (optional- and we have had a dry Spring so unless we get monsoon rains between now and then it looks like the canoe trip WILL happen this year!), kids stuff, adult stuff, big fires and much more!! We'll be preparing a community "Cincinnati-Style" chili dinner on Saturday evening. I will be providing the chili, so bring a side dish or item to compliment (recommended: Spaghetti noodles, hot dogs, buns, shredded cheese...)
For those of you not familiar with the Little Miami River Valley, it is now a protected Nationally Designated Scenic Park Area. The Little Miami Bike trail (paved-Rails to Trails) runs right through the campground and it is a GREAT trail, you can go as far as Cincinnati in one direction and as far (or farther than) Dayton in the other direction, a beautiful pedal either way. Also, the campground cannects to a municipal park right next door which has athletic fields and a new playground for the kiddies!
Camping fees are $10 per adult per night, and children under 17 are FREE with paying adults. If you choose to go canoeing, then canoe rental (which includes boat, equipment, and transportation) will be approximately $12 per person. You will register and pay for camping at the campsite with ME when you arrive. You will register and pay for canoeing at the canoe rental office Saturday morning.
There will also be a 50\50 raffle drawing and the proceeds will benefit the "Firewood Fund", (wood is expensive you know, it doesn't grow on trees!!)

Anyway, when you arrive at the campground, I have rented the entire section of the campground from, and including, the Picnic Shelter all the way north upstream to the end of the campground. No one else will be in this part of the campground but us, so park anywhere in that section. As I said, I have also rented the shelter, so feel free to drop any stuff under it if you need to and we have it to use for meals or in case of rain.

For Newbies, this campground is a privately-owned facility so no worries about Park Rangers to hassle us, and open display of alcohol is permitted, so no need for the "Red Cup" policy. HOWEVER, with that said, All OVT events are FAMILY FRIENDLY affairs (all my children and others will be there and there may be people in the other section of the park) and we expect everyone to respect the property, our fellow campers, and the basic rules of courtesy... in other words, Don't be a dick!!!!

So then, check out the website for directions and links to the campground and Canoe Livery sites at:
http://www.geocities.com/buses_n_boats

If there is anyone on this list who has never come to an OVT event, then you simply MUST come, this is the longest running OVT-sponsored camping event. I have even heard somebody say...."You know, it just doesn't get any better than this!!!"

PEACE!
John Baker
framingsilly

Re: VW Buses Boats Camping event May 15-17 (updated info!!)

Post by framingsilly »

Sounds great I will. Be there. With my wife and 3. Kids.I love. The. Fact. That there will be no park rangers.Unlike. Finley. Park. .
1972 weekender
1988 Vanagon
1968 Single cab
1984 Vanagon
1978 Transporter
1987 Cabrio
Randy

Post by Randy »

Come and join us. Always a good time with great food and comaraderie.

Rooster
62 EZ Camper
99 Rialta
67 Westy
71 Westy
83 Mexican Panel “Julio”
Buszen

Post by Buszen »

......bump......
Buszen

Buses n Boats event FINAL UPDATE!!! May 15-17 Morrow, Ohio

Post by Buszen »

Good morning all! I just wanted to check in with one last update before the event this weekend.
I just got back from the campground and everything looks great! River levels are perfect so canoeing should be no problem this year (barring monsoon rains between now and then).

Reminders:

*Camping fees are $10 per adult per night. Kids 17 & under are FREE with paying adult.

*You will register and pay for camping with me AT THE CAMPSITE (not at the canoe rental office) I can take CASH or CHECK but no credit cards for camping fees.

*Canoe trip fees are $13 per person (based on 2 people in a canoe) and includes all equipment rental and transportation. These fees will be paid to the CANOE RENTAL OFFICE (not me) on Saturday morning before the trip.

*We will meet at the Picnic Shelter in the Campground area at 10:30 am on Saturday morning for the canoe trip. At which time we will proceed to walk over to the Canoe rental office for an 11:00 am departure time.

*Saturday evening we will have the community Cincinnati-style dinner at the Picnic Shelter in the camping area at approximately 6:00 pm. I will be providing the Chili, so feel free to bring something to compliment it. Suggestions are: Pasta, Shredded cheese, hot dogs, buns, or another side dish.

*Firewood will be delivered sometime on Thursday afternoon (I am buying it from a different source this year, not the campground guy.) So you early bird arrivals (Randy & ??) may have to scavenge for wood if you want a fire on Wednesday night.

* 50\50 Split the pot raffle drawing tickets will be on sale up until dinner on Saturday night. The drawing will be held immediately following dinner and HALF of the $$pot$$ will go to the drawing winner, and the other HALF will help to off-set the expense of buying the firewood.

*Follow signs back to the camping area. The camping area is a privately-owned facility, so we don't have to worry about being hassled by Park rangers and open display of alcohol is permitted so there is no need for the "red cup" policy...HOWEVER, please keep it all in good taste and remember to cbe ourteous to others in the campground. ALWAYS REMEMBER, THIS IS A FAMILY-ORIENTED EVENT, as are all OVT events, so there is really just ONE SIMPLE RULE: Don't be a dick!!

*MOST IMPORTANTLY, DRIVE SAFE AND GET HERE IN-TACT!!!!

Here's the link to the event website with more detailed info:
http://www.geocities.com/buses_n_boats

PEACE!
John Baker
TheBigSpud

Re: Buses n Boats event FINAL UPDATE!!! May 15-17 Morrow, Ohio

Post by TheBigSpud »

I really wanted to go and chickened out on the long drive due to weather forecast. Make me feel bad and tell me (+ pics) what I missed!
Pete
78 Westy 2.0L FI