Metroparks Cruise 2011

Green...77

Re: April 30th 2011 COVVC/LEAKOIL Metroparks Cruise

Post by Green...77 »

framingsilly wrote:JJ We're in. It was a nice event you got together and we had a good time. Looking forward to it. Hey Sean bring a extra pully this year :lol: . Hopfully Mark got his new or newer starter. Oh Mark, if you didn't , I have a extra used one you can have ;) see you guys at Findlay 8-)
Pat, got a new starter after last year. Very hard to push start an automatic! ;) :lol: We should be there again.
--
Mark
lurch

Post by lurch »

Is this strictly limited to vws,and is I a bus bug type three evnt or can newer vws show up
the best ideas are often the worst choices.
vanagons
mopeds
framingsilly

Post by framingsilly »

Someone had a nice convertable rabbit last year. Or Cabrio? It was lowered a bit but slick.
1972 weekender
1988 Vanagon
1968 Single cab
1984 Vanagon
1978 Transporter
1987 Cabrio
jim m

Post by jim m »

I am planning on being there. Will covvc be clecting for 2011 due's?
Jim Morgan
74 Super Beetle
rokemester

Post by rokemester »

Yep, all of $15 for COVVC annual dues. Thanks for the reminder.
Mike, Solon
1966 VW Beetle - Murray
LEAKOIL Fan Club
COVVC, Central Ohio Vintage Volkswagen Club
vw7266

Post by vw7266 »

If you come on the crusie do you have to pay 15 bucks?
rokemester

Post by rokemester »

Yes please.
Mike, Solon
1966 VW Beetle - Murray
LEAKOIL Fan Club
vw7266

Post by vw7266 »

Well Im out then :lol:
rokemester

Post by rokemester »

Hey, I've been thinking more about this. This cruise is about two clubs, COVVC and LEAKOIL, getting together for a nice drive through the park and sharing a burger and beverage at the end. If you are a LEAKOIL member and you would also like to be a member of COVVC (http://www.covvc.org/join.htm) and get the monthly ZUNDFOLGE newsletter, we can make it convenient for you to renew your annual membership. If you want to come out and cruise in your dino powered air or water cooled VW beasty, come on out and CRUISE with us :)
Attachments
DSC01824.jpg
DSC01824.jpg (12 KiB) Viewed 1332 times
Mike, Solon
1966 VW Beetle - Murray
LEAKOIL Fan Club
Six Volt

Post by Six Volt »

I think this is a nice event and I give Mike a lot of credit for getting it together. Mike asked for feedback, so I guess I can't take issue with those who find it unappealing.

I went on the cruise last year and I could have whinned about the route or the speed, but it was well organized and ended up being a lot of fun. It was a unique experience to actually drive a bus during an event, instead of just to or from it. The best thing about the cruise was seeing the faces and reactions of all the people along the way who pointed to the various buses and other ACVW's in amazement. Those reactions were priceless and create interest in the VW bus scene.

Nothing wrong with a little intra-club partnership. COVVC has the biggest VW event in Ohio each year and probably the biggest swap, so I don't see how it hurts those who want to go and pay the $15 to spend time with COVVC folks. I also met great new people like West Side Danny. I might have never met him except for this cruise.

For those that may not know, the $15 makes you a member of COVVC and you get the monthly newsletter. Yes, I could've spent the $15 on something else, but I actually enjoy getting the COVVC newsletter. I look forward to the tech article each month. It's written in a way that even I can understand! :D I should also say that over the past year nearly every issue has had some reference to LEAKOIL praising our group for our role in the VW scene.

I realize, for some, the $15 is waste of money. I get it. Truth be told, Mike didn't make everyone pay last year. Those that signed up, paid. Those that didn't, rode free.

This is just my opinion, but sometimes we, (yes, this includes me), can be a little too negative when others try to promote an event, sell a part, ask for advice or share an experience. Nothing wrong with differing viewpoints, we don't all think the same. It's just the way we express them at times. I sometimes wonder what the VW scene would be like with no events, or with just the events we individually approved. Probably pretty dead and boring.

Anyway, if my bus starts I'll come out, but I'm admittedly addicted to this stuff. :lol: