COVVC LEAKOIL Spring Cruise

rokemester

COVVC LEAKOIL Spring Cruise

Post by rokemester »

What does everyone think about May 5 for the MetroParks cruise? Cinco de Mayo cruise!
Mike, Solon
1966 VW Beetle - Murray
LEAKOIL Fan Club
COVVC, Central Ohio Vintage Volkswagen Club
wwebner

Re: COVVC LEAKOIL Spring Cruise

Post by wwebner »

Sounds great. I know I'll be there.
Bill
Mike Govang

Post by Mike Govang »

I'll b there! Looking forward to it!
WideFive

Post by WideFive »

Last edited by WideFive on Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There is no restoration process that can give a car legitimacy equal to originality."
rokemester

Post by rokemester »

So far so good! Maybe a place where we can find some Margaritas!
Mike, Solon
1966 VW Beetle - Murray
LEAKOIL Fan Club
Six Volt

Post by Six Volt »

On the calendar for May 5. Details to follow.
rokemester

COVVC LEAKOIL Spring Cruise Details

Post by rokemester »

SPRING CRUISE in the Metroparks
Celebrate Cinco de Mayo
Saturday, May 5, 2012

This will be the first 2012 event for the Central Ohio Vintage Volkswagen Club, Northern Ohio Chapter or COVVC North, for short. The purpose of this group is to provide a calendar of events easily reachable by COVVC members and other VW enthusiasts like our friends in the LEAKOIL group who live in Northeast Ohio.

This year we’re going to stay with the North to South route we traveled last year. This Cruise-in will assemble in Lakewood at the Emerald Necklace Marina 10:00 a.m. on Saturday, May 5, 2012.

After a half hour get-acquainted and registration process, the group will caravan south on Valley Parkway through the Metropark, better known as the Emerald Necklace. Proceeding at about 30 mph, stops will be made as needed to accommodate any stragglers.

The 20 mile (approx.) cruise will end in Strongsville at Slim & Chubbies, 12492 Prospect Rd. Slim & Chubbies is a great spot, they have car shows throughout the summer months. There, lunch and libations will be available, paid for individually, where we can continue to catch up and talk about all the fun events planned for coming driving season.

You will have the opportunity to renew your COVVC membership and we encourage everyone to join COVVC where for the modest fee of $20/year you can receive the very popular Zűndfolge monthly newsletter.

Emerald Necklace Marina
1500 Scenic Park Drive
Lakewood, Ohio 44107
Last edited by rokemester on Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike, Solon
1966 VW Beetle - Murray
LEAKOIL Fan Club
Six Volt

Post by Six Volt »

Great event. Glad you've got it together. Regrettably, I'm in Indiana that weekend. It's a great route. Glad you guys kept it. And yes, I'll be renewing my subscription. Bruce's tech articles in that newsletter are worth the $20.

And for those that want a little coffee and donuts in proximity to the starting point, check out "Peace Love and Little Donuts" at Kamm's Plaza. A guy I know just opened it. It's right up our LEAKOIL alley. :lol: Here a link to Yelp. http://www.yelp.com/biz/peace-love-and- ... -cleveland
obsoleteman

Post by obsoleteman »

I was thinking somewhere on route 82 would be good.
WideFive wrote:Just let me know where it ends ;)
obsoleteman

Post by obsoleteman »

Six Volt wrote:Great event. Glad you've got it together. Regrettably, I'm in Indiana that weekend. It's a great route. Glad you guys kept it. And yes, I'll be renewing my subscription. Bruce's tech articles in that newsletter are worth the $20.

And for those that want a little coffee and donuts in proximity to the starting point, check out "Peace Love and Little Donuts" at Kamm's Plaza. A guy I know just opened it. It's right up our LEAKOIL alley.
Perhaps we should just start the cruise there?
:lol: Here a link to Yelp. http://www.yelp.com/biz/peace-love-and- ... -cleveland