Oktoberfest 2012

Oktoberfest 2012

Post by Moderator »

Oktoberfest 2012

We have been contacted by Rich Croft, Board member of Oktoberfest, requesting our return to the event scheduled for Labor Day weekend running from Friday, August 31st through Monday, September 3, 2012.

As everyone is painfully aware, there was an arson committed on an adjacent property, allegedly started by an individual unknown to us who showed up in our midst. The Oktoberfest Board does not blame LEAKOIL for this individual’s conduct. Nevertheless, there were other issues related to conduct by other attendees that need to be addressed if LEAKOIL participates in this year’s event.

We’re not sure if we can or should return to Oktoberfest. We have discussed the changes below with Rich, but feel you, the LEAKOIL members, should express how you feel about LEAKOIL continuing its involvement with the Oktoberfest event and the proposed changes. So let’s hear what you think.

Here are the proposed changes:

1. Free camping and free admission is limited to active account LEAKOIL members and family members in good standing who arrive in a VW bus or vintage VW vehicle and pre-register by notifying the LEAKOIL administrator on this site in advance of the event. A list of approved campers will be prepared by LEAKOIL and forwarded to the Oktoberfest Board for the rear gate that will be monitored by Oktoberfest personnel. Oktoberfest personnel will have exclusive control and responsibility over the gate and entry. If you're not on the list, you won't be admitted.

2. When the festival ends each night, LEAKOIL campers will be restricted to the campground area of the Fairgrounds. Anyone found “roaming” the grounds after hours will be considered a trespasser.

3. All dogs must be leashed and attended at all times. No exceptions.

4. LEAKOIL members are free to bring in food and beverages, but should be discreet about these items so as not to offend the Oktoberfest vendors. In other words, no walking around with your Budweiser can or Subway sandwich. Offenders will be told to leave.

5. Children who attend must be supervised at all times. Minor children must be kept away from the fire. If kids are running around unsupervised or playing in the fire the parents and the children will be told to leave.

There may be a few other issues that come up, but this is pretty much it. Oktoberfest certainly wants us back, but we’ve got to be sure we don’t have a repeat of last year. So let’s hear what members think and decide whether we should return in 2012.
John

Re: Oktoberfest 2012

Post by John »

i am good with it,
Never asked for a motorcycle...
Mopar's Rock...
Ken

Post by Ken »

Me too. I'm just glad I can make it this year :D
1963 Single Cab
1964 Bowman & Sons Camper (Vegas Bus)
1966 Westy S0-42 Hardtop
1967 Westy SO-42 Pop Top
1968 Single Cab
hosedrag_r

Post by hosedrag_r »

Works for me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nothing to object. Simple and fair requests......
1967 splittie

1978 bay

1965 mustang
1989 ford f150 (r.i.p. only got 434k out of it)
02 ford explorer
82camper

Post by 82camper »

Sounds great to us we can leave the dogs at grandmas she loves to watch them hope to see everyone there.
Ray
82 Camper
98 Jetta TDI
08 Rabbit
11 Honda Element
Tinker

Post by Tinker »

I am okay with these rules, seems fair, but one question. My grandaughters drive up in the New Beetle (2010) so they can leave to go to church. Will they be permitted to enter with me?
2000 Rialta
1978 Beetle Convertible

Post by Moderator »

Tinker wrote:I am okay with these rules, seems fair, but one question. My grandaughters drive up in the New Beetle (2010) so they can leave to go to church. Will they be permitted to enter with me?
Our guess is "ÿes" because they are technically coming in with you and you are entering in a bus. We'll run it by Rich. Once we get enough input from everyone we can raise any of these type issues with Rich and then decide if this year is a "go".
thumper

Post by thumper »

sounds good to us.we'll be there.
Don from Canton

Post by Don from Canton »

Good rules. Protects both the Oktoberfest and the reputation of LEAKOIL. I LOVE the Oktoberfest and hope we will participate.
Don

Post by obsoleteman »

I guess I will just have to register "The Imposter"(a.k.a. known as the Dodge Travco) with the C.C.C.A.....unless they allow imposters.
Tom