woollybear festival sept 30th

Ormo

woollybear festival sept 30th

Post by Ormo »

hey all,

does anybody here in leakoil do anything with the Woollybear Festival & Parade in Vermilion on Sept 30th??
Never been ... hear its kinda fun 4 families...

lemme know
thx
Mike in Cleveland
Six Volt

Re: woollybear festival sept 30th

Post by Six Volt »

Ormo wrote:hey all,

does anybody here in leakoil do anything with the Woollybear Festival & Parade in Vermilion on Sept 30th??
Never been ... hear its kinda fun 4 families...

lemme know
thx
Mike in Cleveland
I've never been to it, but if you get the details I'll put it on the calendar.
wwebner

Post by wwebner »

I have never been either. I was waiting for one of our Vermillion members to jump in. I do know that many of the local Vermillionites leave town that week end do to extreme traffic,thousands of people. Parking miles away,although I believe they run shuttle bus's to the remote parking areas. I'm sure it's a great time if you are prepared for large crowds. Vermillion is a great little town, if you don't want to deal with the huge Wooly Bear crowds,join us Aug 16 for what will be our last 3rd. Thurs in Vermillion this year. The town has music and entertainment set up all over town.
Bill
Lizzie76

Post by Lizzie76 »

Used to go EVERY year...and it was quite crowded...and even though its not AS crowded as it used to be, its still very crowded :lol: Its like the Fish Festival...vendors, music, Dick, TV news cameras. The parade used to be HUGE! Hey, maybe its not too late, we could put LEAKOIL in it...that would be AWESOME! We could decorate our buses in Woolybear style! :lol:

Its a fun family event. There are usually competitons, Beer, Food, Music, the usual festival type vendors and much more...

People even dress their dogs like Woolybears and walk them in the parade...

Just had a visual...what if we paraded buses and made them look like a bunch of Woolybears crawling down the street :lol:

Like I said, I've been to many Woolybear festivals, its a fun day...even if no one wants to be in the parade, its a great one to see...It used to take over an hour to watch it go by...but go early so you can get a spot to watch!
If she's amazing, she won't be easy...
If she's easy, she won't be amazing...
Well look at that...I must be the amazingest!
Dan

Post by Dan »

Being one of the "Vermilion guys" Bill referred to and expected to jump in, I can say that we usually avoid Woolly Bear weekend because of the huge crowds. Don't want to dis it in any way, its the usual good family fun with tons of good/greasy food, live music,etc.
Dan

not 'young dan'
'71 Westy