Tune-up Day 2009

dormohbile2

Official tuneup day countdown....2009(see tune up day 2009)

Post by dormohbile2 »

I'm so looking forward to this!

In preparation for the big day here are my top three things to learn how to do at the tune up day...

1. Install Electronic Ignition (still need to purchase)
2. Fix wiring to the outlet (May purchase a new outlet for the back of the bus)
3. replace vents and rubber in the dormobile top (Have Dormobile catalog in hand!)

What's yours?
Hank

ps...is there a date set yet?
Hank
1966 Dormobile - http://s410.photobucket.com/albums/pp187/dormohbile2/
1991 Vanagon Westy
wwebner

Re: The official tuneup day countdown

Post by wwebner »

No date yet. If you want a pertronix ignition module,I will be posting prior to tune up day for those who want to purchase one. Date will be late April or May.
Bill
framingsilly

Re: The official tuneup day countdown

Post by framingsilly »

hey, sync my duel webbers would be pretty cool to learn how to do. And I'm looking forward to that day seeing some cool stuff go on.
1972 weekender
1988 Vanagon
1968 Single cab
1984 Vanagon
1978 Transporter
1987 Cabrio
mrsp06

Re: Official tuneup day countdown....2009

Post by mrsp06 »

Ok! So being a new chick to this place...What is tuneup day? I am intrigued... :lol:
Where does this happen? What happens? Wow, I really am a newbie...hahah!
~Kristen~

-'76 Transporter
WideFive

Post by WideFive »

Tune Up day is pretty awesome. Last year was my first and I was seriously impressed with some of the jobs that were tackled that day. Can't wait for the next one!
"There is no restoration process that can give a car legitimacy equal to originality."
Howie

Post by Howie »

mrsp06 wrote:Ok! So being a new chick to this place...What is tuneup day? I am intrigued... :lol:
Where does this happen? What happens? Wow, I really am a newbie...hahah!
Tuneup Day is when we invade Bill's shop, and scatter his tools all over the place. Last year I fabricated a curtain rod with the help of Sean, and got it installed. This year I am hoping to install a real Engine Seal to replace my temporary duct tape and pink fiberglass insulation seal I have been driving with for the last few years. :lol:
Howie
‎"...the ones in love with the night, they light up like a cigarette." -Jack Kerouac
wwebner

Post by wwebner »

I host tune up day (ussually early May) so that bus owners can get their busses ready for a season of enjoyable use and maybe forstall some potential problems.Also for those who are not familiar the the workings of their bus,and want to learn,a chance to get their hands dirty and learn. As it is only 1 day we keep it simple,no engine rebuilds.
Mostly it is like the name implies,tune ups. Spark plugs,etc setting timing and some diagnostics,however there has been some minor mechanic work done in the past,and a couple of wire harness's installed. Let us know what you drive and what you may think you need,or just show up and have some beer and hot dogs.
Bill
WideFive

Post by WideFive »

westy66 wrote:aaron will also be conducting a front suspension and link pin adjustment clinic :lol:
I might just bring an extra complete beam (if I have one at the time), to show you guys all the parts and how it works... as well as proper maintenance.
"There is no restoration process that can give a car legitimacy equal to originality."
Six Volt

Post by Six Volt »

If I don't get to it before then, I may need him to do an assesment on this front end. Yea, I know, it's too high! :shock:
Six Volt

Post by Six Volt »

Keith wrote:Sean,

Great pictures. Felt like being run over by Jon Schindler!
Yea, and a former owner told me John never fixed anything on it. He just drove it. So I'm finding everything has to be gone through. I'm getting there. It'll be at "tune up" day for sure. It's hauling the beer so it's got to be ready!