LEAKOIL AND 2ND HARVEST FOR HUNGER

Lizzie76

LEAKOIL AND 2ND HARVEST FOR HUNGER

Post by Lizzie76 »

Ok LEAKOIL family :D I am working with the Lorain County Second Harvest for Hunger on their ZOMBIE project coming up in September. I know we are MORE than just a beer club with a bus problem, so I challenge each and every member of the club to NOT ONLY DONATE, BUT SOLICIT DONATIONS AS WELL. We would like to see how many buses...YES :lol: I SAID BUSES :lol: we can fill up by September 7th. I am working on getting us our own space to hang out at the Zombie walk and possibly working on Event T-shirts for those who do not wish to ZOMBIE UP... :lol: . All the INFO will be in at the end here following my spiel :lol: . You will also be able to see updates here, on the LEAKOIL Facebook page AND The Lorain County Zombie Outbreak Response Team Facebook page.

I know we are more than just a mobile party...Please join us, donate, solicit, spread the word for us. We will take up the collections at each meeting and any event that we have going on so there are plenty of opportunities to drop your goods off to us. Thank you all for your cooperation and I hope that we can make this an annual thing with The LCSHFH Team. Many of us have talked about doing something charitable for a very very long time...Well...Randi got tired of me talking about it and she is actually the one who planted the seed...so let's all pull together really see how many buses we can fill!!!! If you have any questions or need flyers, let me know, I will be glad to give you what you need to get all you can :D You can place the flyers around or slap them on a box at your workplace, play place, wherever...then bring them to any LEAKOIL event. Our first opportunity will be at the Old Prague in Vermilion on Thursday, June 20...Hope to see you all very soon...the following info is from the Lorain County Second Harvest for Hunger about the event....This is a great way to give back and have fun, family style or adult style...whichever you choose! There are alot of great hangouts in Amherst, so this even is EVERYBODY FRIENDLY :D

LORAIN COUNTY SECOND HARVEST FOR HUNGER
LORAIN COUNTY ZOMBIE OUTBREAK RESPONSE TEAM

About
Lorain County Zombie Walk
Description
To stop the outbreak of hunger in Lorain County!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A Zombie walk is where people come together to donate, dress in full zombie makeup, and walk like zombies throughout a town. The zombie walk is for zombies of all ages and is family-friendly as well as for the older crowd; we encourage participation from anyone who is interested in letting go of reality for a couple hours and having a great time for a great cause.

In the grass area, corner of Tenney and Church street (across from Church Street Bar and Grill, next to Quesadilla's Restaurant) is our prime location for registration, food donation, and make-up application for participating zombies who need assistance. Along with the food drive for Second Harvest Food Bank in Lorain County we are having Life Share Blood Mobile as the “Vaccination Zone.” So Please make sure you plan to include this as part of your visit during the Walk. We have a DJ to start the fun and vendors of all kinds ranging from art, food, and pet charities so make sure you check them out.

General Information:

Admission: $5.00 plus 2 non-perishable food items
5 and under free
Walk Starts Promptly at 3:00PM

MAKE-UP
Although we encourage you to arrive in full make-up -
Don't worry! We will have several FX Make-up & air brush Artists available starting at noon for an additional fee of $5.00 for those Zombies needing assistance.

Make-up application starts at NOON thru 2pm.

What to expect from a Zombie Walk you ask??? During the Walk, all participants are encouraged to remain in character as zombies, lurching, shambling, dragging limbs and communicating only in a zombie-like manner (such as grunting, groaning, moaning and slurred calls for “brains”.) Some participants occasionally dress up as soldiers who are called in to contain the outbreak, or survivors who are trying to defend themselves from the onslaught of the zombie hoard. It’s a great fun afternoon while raising awareness for our community and local charity.

If you’re joining us on the walk or just wanting to watch the walk, please review our WALK RULES/GUIDELINES! This will keep things safe & fun for everyone!
Attachments
Poster4.jpg
If she's amazing, she won't be easy...
If she's easy, she won't be amazing...
Well look at that...I must be the amazingest!
Lizzie76

Re: LEAKOIL AND 2ND HARVEST FOR HUNGER

Post by Lizzie76 »

As you have seen me post recently, we are collecting food for the Second Harvest for Hunger throughout the summer....

Tomorrow (Saturday) morning I am driving my bus in the Avon Duct Tape Parade and I am collecting Zombies to walk around the bus...We are meeting at my house between 730/745 am....If you want to Zombie Walk to help promote Leakoil and our involvement with the SHFH, show up at my house in full zombie fashion or zombie hunter fashion... ♥

If you are interested, call or text me today/tonight please.... 440-309-6606
OldBluT2

Post by OldBluT2 »

Hi everyone...Here is the message I got from our event coordinators for next weekend. Smittie.
Amherst,Ohio

--Here's a map we have set up so far... I still have to run down to the site and take exact measurements for the vendor spaces. I have fingers crossed everyone of those vendors will still fit in the grass since the city unfortunately planted some bushes in our space. Let me know before Friday an estimate of how many yes's you get. If you don't think you will need all that space let me know, so I can move everyone else back further. We're going to ask vehicles to show up I'm thinking at 11:45. The event opens at noon and goes on through 5:30-6pm at the latest. We have performances at 1pm and 2pm; Walk starts at 3, judging, contests, and raffle winners start being announced starting at 4; all ends approximately at 5:30.

'91 Vanagon Carat
'15 Jetta TSI

Others I wish I'd have had the space and money to keep:
'56 Single Cab, '68 Double Cab, '71 Hardtop Westy, '77 Pop-up Westy, '98 New Beetle, '07 Rabbit
Lizzie76

Post by Lizzie76 »

Hi guys...just checking in to see if anyone is joining me :D I will be there between 11:30/11:45. I am attaching the same photo with Street names to give you a better idea of our location in Amherst this Saturday. Hope to see you all there, and once again THANK YOU ALL for your generous donations!!!
Attachments
Poster2.jpg
Lizzie76

Post by Lizzie76 »

:D :D :D :D Randi and I just added up our donations so far....$137.29125 POUNDS (we added ounces, not packaging :lol: ) THAT IS AWESOME!!! Please feel free to add to this tomorrow!!! I will be there between 11/11:30. 275 Tenney Ave, Amherst Ohio 44001. COME ON OUT....I NEED PICS!!! :lol: Hope to see you ALL there :D :D :D :D
Lizzie76

Post by Lizzie76 »

A few more came in...up to 145.1975 POUNDS now! :lol: Keep 'em comin'!!!
wwebner

Post by wwebner »

We'll be there to watch you zombies :lol: The Mexican place is great.
Lizzie76

Post by Lizzie76 »

Here is a list of some things Janel told me they were in need of....Hope to see you all there!!!
Attachments
1236314_465649103543261_527087848_n.jpg
wwebner

Harvest for Hunger Zombie walk

Post by wwebner »

Well, I have no words :lol: Smittie did collect over 200lbs of food for the food drive. Thank you Smittie for stepping up.
It is a family affair.
IMG_2212.JPG
I thought the SWAT TEAM had shown for a terrorist attack,but these guy kill Zombies.
IMG_2214.JPG
I guess it was good for local business as they were all over the streets :lol:
IMG_2225.JPG
IMG_2224.JPG
Lizzie76

Re: Harvest for Hunger Zombie walk

Post by Lizzie76 »

Thank you ALL for your generous donations! I loved doing this and I hope we can continue to support this most excellent cause...This was a pretty cool event. The group that puts this together said this was only their second time doing it and I thought they did a great job. They DOUBLED what they expected in turn out, and they are hoping to do that again next year. I would like to set a goal to FILL A BUS by next years event. I hope you can all help LEAKOIL ascertain this goal. Gail and I have a few things in the works to make it fun and more interactive :lol:

Thank you guys for coming out and supporting the effort. I think LEAKOIL made a great showing and a sizable donation today, ZORT was impressed with your generous contributions. It was pretty cool to see how many "hunters" there were, and boy do they go all out...this event has to be SEEN to be appreciated. The work that must go into the production of this elaboration seems incredible. The costumes, the makeup, the artwork, decorations and entertainment were all so impressive.

Like Bill said, we collected over 200#'s of food and it took a few guys to make room in their fancy van and load it :lol: I would LOVE to show up there next year with AT LEAST an entire bus full and make them go "HOW THE HELL ARE WE GOING TO FIT ALL THAT IN OUR VEHICLE" :lol:

There will be plenty more pics on the LORAIN COUNTY ZOMBIE OUTBREAK RESPONSE TEAM's Facebook page if you want to check them out! You can check out my FB page and see more too....probably Gail's as well.

Ok, enjoy the pics...I cant wait to see Gail's, she got some GREAT SHOTS!!!
Attachments
Even GORY...she's the cutest little thing EVER!!!
Even GORY...she's the cutest little thing EVER!!!
If you look closely, you can see in a couple of the pics, we kept getting photo bombed...hahahaha
If you look closely, you can see in a couple of the pics, we kept getting photo bombed...hahahaha
Dan showed up in time to get offered a job for the Halloween Holiday!
Dan showed up in time to get offered a job for the Halloween Holiday!
Justin got made up by one of the FX artists..LOOKS SOO GROSSSSS!!!
Justin got made up by one of the FX artists..LOOKS SOO GROSSSSS!!!
Brad and Ryan got sucked into a tent by Brads employer and they made them get done up.  They WERE hunters that got infected!  lol
Brad and Ryan got sucked into a tent by Brads employer and they made them get done up. They WERE hunters that got infected! lol
Look at how elaborate these guys get...poor Randi, they were READY!  Even the cars that they drive daily are adorned in their fun hobbie!
Look at how elaborate these guys get...poor Randi, they were READY! Even the cars that they drive daily are adorned in their fun hobbie!
1006367_10201960510123279_487243215_n.jpg
Some of these people pull out all the stops for this event.
Some of these people pull out all the stops for this event.
I work with these girl...they are a blast and couldn't resist coming out and participating...
I work with these girl...they are a blast and couldn't resist coming out and participating...
My friend Kathy brought her family out to support our group today.
My friend Kathy brought her family out to support our group today.
Randi got to be one of the first to get made up...Thank you Tracy!
Randi got to be one of the first to get made up...Thank you Tracy!