Lakewood "Kustom" car show

Six Volt

Lakewood "Kustom" car show

Post by Six Volt »

I never made it to this show in past years, but I've always wanted to attend. It's for pre-72 vehicles. They hold it on Madison Ave. in Lakewood between West 150th (Warren Rd) and where Hilliard Blvd. crosses Madison Ave. The street is blocked off w/ parking on both sides and all the bars and restaurants are open. Plenty of live music and cool vendors. It has a "Johnny Cash meets Betty Paige" vibe.

I'd really like to see us get a little presence at this show next year. Even with some cool old scooters and a few early VW's.

They block off the whole street, but it fills up quickly. Well over 400 cars. I got there right at 10am when it was supposed to start and I was car 347. It's a real cool setting.

I had to wait forever to get in. Some people show up at 7am! :roll: I staked out a place at Lakeland and Madison right outside the Patio! ;) I parked right next to a hot rod '35 Ford.

This was one of the first cars I saw.

These things have a geat look to them. The owner wasn't around, so no details.

There's a lot of old scooters and MC's that show. Here's a 1910 Harley on the back of a '40 Dodge pickup.

Here's another view with the truck.

I'm partial to the old Fords.

At least its a single cab! :lol:

I believe this was a 1960 Cushman.

This was some kind of electric bug.

1959 Country Sedan wagon. the owner was asking $22,900 OBO.

This was a 1954 Vincent.

Here's a 1941 Knucklehead.

Where's Howie?

This was my favorite of the whole show. 1956 Dodge Royal sedan. Ratty and original.

I guess i don't get it? :roll:

I figure Kirk would have been all over this! :lol:

If I would have been faster with the camera I would have had these two Hell's Angels with their colors on peering into my bus seconds earlier. :lol:

Buses have a charm all their own. The "muscle" guys can't figure out what all the attention is about. :lol:

I think Rick and Cindy showed up in this. :lol:

Westy Girl would probably like this!

Chuck knows the guy and it's some kind of photo booth. :shock:

They had some live bands playing on the street.

Someone was raffling off this stock 1950 Ford for charity. $20 bucks a ticket.

Street was pretty jammed by 1pm.

Dawn & I stopped into the Barrio for Mexican w/ Chuck and Brandon. I had the beer, Dawn had the food.

I had little kids climbing all over the bus all day! :D

Brandon gave Dawn a ride back to her car in the thing. Thanks Brandon! :D

The best thing about this show was having a 17 year old designated drvier for the bus! :D
Crapatron

Re: Lakewood "Kustom" car show

Post by Crapatron »

thanks for covering the event Sean. Looks like a great time!