Ohio Dirt Roads??

Six Volt

Re: Ohio Dirt Roads??

Post by Six Volt »

jpeters wrote:I was emailing back and forth with Tom a little bit today and we were talking about the Belmont/Monroe County area and this topic came up.

I live in Monroe County and there are plenty of hilly gravel back roads down in this area. Some with stream crossings, some barely maintained, etc. There are also some places where mud could be found if that is what the people want, but I haven't been into that scene since I was a teenager so I'd have to verify all those same spots are available.

My wife and I also have a couple of large pasture fields that are suitable for camping, fires, etc. No real amenities, but suitable for an overnight of camping. Just throwing the idea out there in case you end up in the area.
Monroe County would be awesome. A little out of the way for some LEAKOILER'S, but I remember going through that area on Rt 7 on the Ohio River when I was at OU in the '70's. Not sure exactly where we went or were, but I sort of remember going through Monroe to get to Martin's Ferry. We use to take 50 to get to 7, but I'm not sure what roads we took from there. A lot of girls went to OU from the towns along the river south of Stuebenville.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Ohio Dirt Roads??

Post by admin »

To help avoid confusion, this event has now been turned into this event viewtopic.php?f=26&t=3557
It has been locked until further notice or until someone else chooses to lead it.