2014 Motor Muster

toolbox

Motor Muster 6-14 and 6-15

Post by toolbox »

Short notice, but if you are not camping and looking for something to do this weekend this is a good show. Some how i was able the get the truck in this show, you need to fill out an application and be approved for participation. I will be debuting my newly installed rear bumper, I had to buy a whole 59 truck to get as it is a 59 early 60 only part.

This show is around 1000 vehicles spread over the 60 acre "town" of Greenfield Village created by Henry Ford. He liked to collect everything and included buildings in his collections.
Make your way to a vintage auto enthusiast’s dream destination: From glamorous classics of the 1930s to brawny muscle cars of the 1970s, Greenfield Village hosts more than 500 gleaming examples.

Motor Muster celebrates one of the grandest and most innovative eras of American automotive history — 1933-1976. For the entire weekend, the streets and lawns of Greenfield Village will be filled with hundreds of classic cars, vintage trucks, motorcycles, military vehicles, bicycles — even a fire engine or two. They’ll all be here, from brawny muscle cars to the straight-out-of-the-showroom cars you and your parents grew up with. Stroll the grounds and meet the owners who lavish attention on these wonders of rolling history. There’s the Saturday night cruise, too, and a live early 1960s dance show with dancing in the streets ’til 9pm. A one-of-a-kind event for cars and the people who love them.
Six Volt

Re: Motor Muster 6-14 and 6-15

Post by Six Volt »

Ive always wanted to go there to see the Wright Brothers home and work shop. I can't tell you what a bummer it was to go to Dayton to see the historical sites and to discover Ford bought the Wright Brothers house and shop and moved them to Greenfield! They just have the lot with an outline of the house in Dayton. Anyway, Ill bet thats an awesome show.
Ken

Re: Motor Muster 6-14 and 6-15

Post by Ken »

There is nothing quite like Greenfield Village. I've been at least 10 times and the place still amazes me. It's on our "to do" list for this fall.
1963 Single Cab
1964 Bowman & Sons Camper (Vegas Bus)
1966 Westy S0-42 Hardtop
1967 Westy SO-42 Pop Top
1968 Single Cab
toolbox

2014 Motor Muster

Post by toolbox »

It was a long but fun weekend at Greenfield Village but it was worth it.

On to the pictures!

Day 1

Lined up for the show

First in line for the carousel

Waiting in line for the pass and review

Divco

Chevy Longbed

Commercials in line for pass and review

Crosley

Craig Elam's 51 and a hot rod TD

Old iron

This Corvair Rampside camper is amazing!

This Superbird was an awesome well used ride

V6 Pinto, yes it came from the factory this way.

Isetta

Kaiser Darrin

Crosley Farm O Road

Dodge WC

Old and Older

All Fords even the GP

Ready to head in for the night

Day 2

Started with a train ride

Then a ride in the truck around the Village

Hit the playground

Ambassador Wagon

Cars

Trucks

71's

Traffic

More rides on the 1913 Herschell-Spillman carrousel. Visit the factory on your next trip through North Tonowanda.

Cooper checking out the 4-4-0 Baldwin heading in for the night

Dad I'm tired

These are for Sean

Landed at home asleep for the 45 min ride home

Did not get a chance to get a picture or talk to Mike Noble but did shake his hand in a drive by...
Crapatron

Re: 2014 Motor Muster

Post by Crapatron »

Thanks for sharing Toolbox. Badass event and photos
toolbox

Post by toolbox »

Crapatron wrote:Thanks for sharing Toolbox. Badass event and photos
They have classes for bicycles, scooters and motorcycles till 1978. if you are accepted to the show $25 gets your vehicle, you and 3 people in all weekend, additional vehicles are $5 and come with 1 weekend admission band.
Six Volt

Post by Six Volt »

Awesome pics. I see they put the Wright Bros. house next to the cycle shop. Dayton is still crying over the loss.

Love that V6 Pinto. I had a 4cyl Pinto. All it did was rust!