Camping is permitted FRI-SUN nights (Aug 29 - Aug 31). As with last year, camping is free, firewood will be provided, and bathrooms are available adjacent the camping area. Those wishing to participate in the Car Show, can register here: http://www.clevelandoktoberfest.com/car_show.php For more info on the campout, visit: http://www.clevelandoktoberfest.com/leakoil_vws.php
While we aren't particularly overbearing when it comes to regulating the activities of campers, the following rules must be adhered to. Failure to abide by these rules may result in immediate dismissal from the campout and the Oktoberfest grounds. Depending on the seriousness of the infraction, you may also be subject to a ban from all future Oktoberfests. Enforcing such a ban is solely at the discrection of LEAKOIL and the Cleveland Oktoberfest.
As for Bier Garten entertainment, the Oktoberfest will feature Stone Pony (Springsteen) and Escape (Journey) Fri night, Crazy Chester and the Spazmatics Sat night, Velvet Shake and Hotel California (Eagles) Sun night, and Night Fever (Bee Gees) Mon night. Other highlights include our Best Oktoberfest Microbrew Competition (feat. 22 breweries), International Beer Garden & Sausage Autobahn (New), the Hacker Pschorr VIP tent, Traditional Musik Tent, International Pavilion, Educational Building, Restaurant Row (feat. Der Braumesiter, 7 Roses, Balaton, Schmidt's of Columbus, and others), Children's Area (feat. inflatables, ginger bread house building workshops, hayrides, crafts, etc.), Bavarian Shopping Village, Live Glockenspiel, Vintage & Antique Car Show, Roving etnertainers, World Champion Sand Sculptor Carl Jara, and more! The Cleveland Oktoberfest is now presented by Paulaner--the most popular Oktoberfest beer at the Munich Oktoberfest. Hacker-Pschorr (another of only 6 breweries permitted to serve at Munich) will also be on hand. Festival hours are 4pm-midnight Fri, noon-midnight Sat & sun, and noon-8pm Mon. For details, visit: http://www.clevelandoktoberfest.com.1) Drive safely. When driving within Oktoberfest grounds, please do so at speeds typical for any parking lot. Do not drive recklessly, and do not drive under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
2) Given that you are camping, the Oktoberfest understands that you will likely bring food and beverages with you. As a matter of discretion, and out of respect to both the Oktoberfest and our paying sponsors, during festival ours we request that any beverages you consume be contained in plastic cups.
3) Absolutely no firearms are permitted in the camping area, and general rules of fire safety must be adhered to, both in terms of managing your campfire and any other potential fire hazards within the campsite.
4) All dogs must be on leashes at all times.
5) Keep the campsite safe and clean. Do your best to remove any hazards to Oktoberfest patrons, and leave the campsite as you found it.
6) LEAKOIL members are not permitted to sell or otherwise dispense food or beverages to Oktoberfest patrons during festival hours.
7) No drugs, other than those legal for general consumption in the state of Ohio or prescribed by a doctor, are permitted.
8) LEAKOIL members must remain in the campsite area and are not permitted to roam about the grounds after festival hours.
9) Treat Oktoberfest patrons courteously.
10) Vandalism of any kind will result in arrest and/or immediate expulsion.
11) Failure to abide by any of these rules may result in a permanent ban from the Oktoberfest.
Note: The area where you usually camp may serve dual purposes this year, either for parking or potentially another stage. Give so much, we request that you begin by lining up your vehicles along the fence near the restroom, and move outward in rows if necessary, taking care not to block the midway. I'll know for sure about this closer to the event, and will let Bill & Sean know one way or the other. Those wishing to leave Monday morning must do so before 10:30AM, or you'll have to wait until after the conclusion of our 5K Bier Run, which begins at 11AM.
If you have questions regarding the campout, or the Cleveland Oktoberfest in general, feel free to contact Rich Croft at 216-650-1665 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks, and we look forward to seeing you out at the 2014 Cleveland Oktoberfest!