Mohican Misadventures 2016

Mike Kever Kombi

Mohican Misadventures 2016

Post by Mike Kever Kombi »

Reservations have been made for Mohican Misadventures 2016.

We are going to a different campground this year.

Mohican Wilderness is the new campground. The dates will be June 10-12, and are listed on the calendar.

This place has a lot more activities, and a different "clientele" than the last place. There is not a group area per se, but individual campsites. We have reserved a section at "turkey roost". There are 20 total sites in that area, we currently have 10 reserved. After (if) we fill up those 10, people within the group can reserve the other 10 sites. They will hold ALL the sites in that area until May 10. After that, they will be first come first serve, to whomever, LEAKOIL or general public. Let's try to fill all 20 spots!!

We had an informal announcement at Basil's Thursday, and some of you reserved spots then. For the rest, we have reserved 10 sites total. 6 river front, and 4 primitive. Marla, Gail, Craig, Bill And I already have 5 River sites accounted for. That leaves 1 River front site and 4 primitive "off water" sites left. If you go to the map, you can see that all the sites are close to the river, and MUCH closer to a bathroom and shower house.
****update***** river sites all booked.

The club had to put down a deposit on the sites that we reserved. If you would like to reserve one of the 5 remaining sites please respond to this thread, or get it touch with either Marla or me. We will keep a running tally of who reserved what in the following post. We ask that if you do reserve a site, that you attend, as the deposit has already been paid. You will reserve with us, but pay the campground directly, for the first 10, after that you will reserve with campground directly.

image.png

Price per night, 2 adults;
River front $32
Off River: $26
$8 per additional adult
$5 for children
Limit 4 people per site.
We can have 2 cars/vans per site.

These prices DO NOT reflect the 10% discount we will receive.

For those that want electric there are electric sites still available, but he said they are starting to fill up, so you may want to call to get a spot close to group, please tell them you are with LEAKOIL, or mention my name (George Michael Ramsey) and you will still receive the discount, even if you do not camp in the primitive section. This discount will also apply if we book more than the 10 sites we have reserved in turkey roost.

A rialta and a van can both park on same site. Either electric or primitive.

I know Mohican is a few months away, but we wanted to get the dates out so people can start making spring/summer plans.

There is also a registration that needs to be filled out prior to check in, which is included in post, as well as a map.

This place has tons more activities than the last place, with lots to do for adults and kids alike. Most activities need to be booked ahead of time, so please take the time to visit their website, and see if there is an activity that interests you, then post back here. It would be nice to get a few groups together doing different activities.

There will also be the Saturday morning cruise (brought to you by the world famous tour guide Chuck Spence), as well as lunch in the party room at Mohican Tavern.

This promises to be a good time, and this particular camp ground fills up fast, so please consider making reservations early to ensure you get a site. Look forward to seeing the regulars, and hope we can get some new faces to join in on the fun this year. I'm looking at you Dan and Tiff, Nickles, and Rob from Dayton. :o

http://www.mohicanwilderness.com/index.php

http://www.mohicantavern.com

Check out the past year's event also

http://www.leakoil.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=4088

http://www.leakoil.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=3711
Attachments
site-map.pdf
(103.83 KiB) Downloaded 109 times
camping-waiver.pdf
(417.84 KiB) Downloaded 113 times
horse-waiver.pdf
(460.42 KiB) Downloaded 107 times
Last edited by Mike Kever Kombi on Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Mike

1961 Microbus

1971 Super Beetle (1302s)

1975 Westfalia

Sarcasm is just one of the many services I offer.

I like my water filtered through a bed of grains, cleansed by yeast, and preserved with hops.
Mike Kever Kombi

Re: Mohican Misadventures 2016

Site Reservations:

River Front 6 total.

All Booked

1 Marla
2 Gail
3 John
4 Bill
5 Mike
6 Stan

Off River 4 total
1 Tim
2 Chuck
3 Open
4 Rob
Last edited by Mike Kever Kombi on Tue May 31, 2016 2:12 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Mike

1961 Microbus

1975 Westfalia

I like my water filtered through a bed of grains, cleansed by yeast, and preserved with hops.
Frankinbus

Post by Frankinbus »

put me down for both nights. its just me, if you fill up i can share my spot also. thanks, tim
65 11 window bus
2012 turbo beetle
1964 berry mini t buggy
Ken

Post by Ken »

Put me down for one of the off river sites.
1963 Single Cab
1964 Bowman & Sons Camper (Vegas Bus)
1966 Westy S0-42 Hardtop
1967 Westy SO-42 Pop Top
1968 Single Cab
John

Post by John »

I ll take an off river site.
Never asked for a motorcycle...
Mopar's Rock...
Mike Kever Kombi

Time is moving fast. Still have 1 off river site available through club, (I'm talking to you TRL, Nicole said she has that weekend free and you 2 are going!) after that is taken, you will need to reserve with campground directly.

Remember you will still receive group rate, even if you do not reserve through Leakoil.

Those of you bringing something bigger than a bus, or that wish to reserve a site with electricity, will also need to reserve through campground directly.

Spaces are filling up fast, if you wish to have a spot either with the rest of us in primitive area, or a spot with electric, close to the rest of us you will need to make reservations soon.

Look forward to seeing you guys there. Winter is almost over and spring will be here and gone before you know it.

I would also like to get the activities booked before too long, so if you are interested in doing an activity, PM Marla or me, or post a reply. So far we have an interest in canoeing and horseback riding.
Mike

1961 Microbus

1975 Westfalia

Rob

Post by Rob »

If it is still available I would like that remaining spot.
1967 Beetle "Little Tud"
1968 Black Double Cab "The Black Pearl"
1970 Lotus White Single Cab "Big Tud"
1976 Sage Green Westfalia "Sweet Pickle"

They gotta' have names!
Marla

Post by Marla »

Just a reminder to everyone. The remaining 10 sites located in the Turkey's Roost area of the campground is still being held for us until May 10th. If you want to camp in that area, make your reservations through the campground. If you want to camp anywhere else within campground, even outside of the Turkey Roost, you will still get a LEAKOIL discount. Just let them know when you make the reservation that you are with our group.

I'm looking forward to seeing all of you there!
It's Marla with an " L"
(My list of assets is just too long...)
Mike Kever Kombi

We are about a month away from when the campground will stop holding the sites for our group.

All you last minute guys with your broken busses and busted motors call in and make your reservations. It will provide you with motivation to get your motors done.

Remember to mention Leakoil when you make reservation to get the group discount.

Also we still have not heard from a single person on activities. We need to reserve for activities before we arrive.

Lastly there is a waiver you need to fill out at check In. If you download, print and fill out waiver prior, it will make your check in go that much quicker.

Look forward to seeing you guys there, now go make reservations.....nothing that says you need to arrive in a bus....
Mike

1961 Microbus

1975 Westfalia

Ken

Post by Ken »

Mike,
I have a non river site reserved for Reg and myself. Do you know if it has electricity? If it does not, I would like to get a site with electricity. Also if a river site become open, I would like to switch. Thanks. Ken
1963 Single Cab
1964 Bowman & Sons Camper (Vegas Bus)
1966 Westy S0-42 Hardtop
1967 Westy SO-42 Pop Top
1968 Single Cab