Mohican Misadventures 2016

Mike Kever Kombi

Re: Mohican Misadventures 2016

Post by Mike Kever Kombi »

Shade is provided by rain clouds and trees. Seeing as it is supposed to rain all weekend, I don't think you need to worry about sun...or snow.
Mike

1961 Microbus

1971 Super Beetle (1302s)

1975 Westfalia

Sarcasm is just one of the many services I offer.

I like my water filtered through a bed of grains, cleansed by yeast, and preserved with hops.
E's mom

Post by E's mom »

By some miracle we will be able to join you all at Mohican. At this point, should I just contact the campground and try to get as close as possible?
Mike Kever Kombi

Yes. Contact campground. If you want primitive ask for turkey roost section. If water and electric are needed, ask for a homestead site. Look forward to seeing you there
Mike

1961 Microbus

1975 Westfalia

I like my water filtered through a bed of grains, cleansed by yeast, and preserved with hops.
Mike Kever Kombi

All packed and ready to go.
image.jpeg
This year's selections are dry apple cider and sweet apple cider in limited quantities (not pictured). The LeakAle, that was served at last year's Christmas party. Ginger Beer, that pairs well with lemoncello. A true to style Bavarian Hefeweizen, and a Pinot Gris (Grigio), my first foray into wine making. If you would like to sample the goods, stop by our site, drinks are on my (while supplies last).

I know it is also last minute, but I'm thinking of having a "wine and cheese" social Friday night around 7 or so. Doesn't have to be wine (unless you want it to be), nor cheese, just a light appetizer to share (or not) while we all hang out, socialize, and get caught up with each other from over the winter.

So bring beer, wine, cocktails, water, or whatever, and a light app, crackers, chips, dip, cookies, or what not, and head down by the river Friday night.
Mike

1961 Microbus

1975 Westfalia

John

Post by John »

it could snow
Never asked for a motorcycle...
Mopar's Rock...
Mike Kever Kombi

Mohican Misadventures 2016

A great big thanks to all that showed up and made this year's misadventure a success. It really is the people that make this club as great as it is.

The new location was just fantastic, as were the campground management and employees. The camp sites were enormous, and beautiful.

The cruise was spectacular as always, lead by A1 tour guide, Chuck Spence, and his team of crack navigators, Lauren, Brandon and Marla. The roads and views are pretty amazing in that part of the state, especially within the park. Wherever we go, we always get a ton of photos taken of us, not to mention the photos and videos taken within the group. Give us a few days and we will get a video up.

There were a couple of new faces this year, hopefully we did not scare them too much, and they will be back next year, which will be on June 9-11, 2017 so mark your calendars.

This first ever Leakoil wine and cheese social was a great success. Thanks to all who brought stuff to share, and to everyone who attended. It was a great way to kick off the weekend, followed by a fantastic fire, and long overdue unwinding and catching up. A big thanks to John for supplying the firewood to make it possible.

Now let's get some pictures posted!!
Last edited by Mike Kever Kombi on Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike

1961 Microbus

1975 Westfalia

Mike Kever Kombi

https://youtu.be/eDHLZXU6yq0

link to video

video embedded few posts down
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Last edited by Mike Kever Kombi on Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike

1961 Microbus

1975 Westfalia

Six Volt

Post by Six Volt »

Big thank you to Mike and Marla for making this such a great event. Huge improvement on the camp location. I'm not whine or cheese guy, but the brews went down nonetheless and the company was fantastic. Really nice that Ted Chaney came up from the COVVC.

If we had a subtitle for the event, it would have to be "starter/battery hell". Thankfully, none of those issues kept people away. Sorry I had to bag it for Saturday. I'm just not camp dude. Perhaps I'll earn my stripes someday.

The cruise was great, especially in Danville where I'm sure the motor heads on main street we're not expecting a fleet of VW buses to roll past their gathering.

If Brandon and Lauren figure out my I-Mac Adobe reader issues, I'll post some blurry pics. Until then, just imagine.
ohiowesty

Post by ohiowesty »

This was our first camp out with the club and it was a hoot. Thanks to Chuck, Mike, Rick and Brandon, the bus was put together by midnight. I promptly put on 45 miles for the break in, and changed the oil in the morning before heading to camp. The bus ran like a champ except when it broke down on I71, but my son and a state trooper pushed it to start. I gunned it to Mohican without stopping. Mike quickly figured out the problem - lose ignition feed to the starter - and we were back in business. The cruise was awesome, I actually learned to drive stick sort of properly, and experimented on the twisties by pushing the bus to it's dynamic stability limits. Knowing that one of my rear shock bolts was sticking out half an inch made it that much more exciting. Overall it was a great trip and we are looking forward to many more! Once again, a big thank you for the club members who helped me out to make this happen!
ohiowesty

Post by ohiowesty »

WP_20160611_18_26_14_Pro.jpg
WP_20160611_18_25_43_Pro.jpg
WP_20160611_18_25_11_Pro.jpg
WP_20160611_18_25_02_Pro.jpg
WP_20160611_14_17_36_Pro.jpg
WP_20160611_14_17_18_Pro.jpg
WP_20160611_13_38_38_Pro.jpg
WP_20160611_11_30_24_Pro.jpg
WP_20160611_11_22_27_Pro.jpg