Tune Up Day 2016

WideFive

Re: Tune up day 2016

Post by WideFive »

Really great to see everyone again, even Chuck. Huge thanks to Bill and Pam as well as all the smiling faces that attended. The vehicles bring us together, but it's really about the people. :D
"There is no restoration process that can give a car legitimacy equal to originality."
toolbox

Post by toolbox »

wwebner wrote:A very big thanks to Dan and TRL for jumping in and getting one of my oldest VW friend's Jim Hemphling's autostick shifting like new. We now have a couple of autostick experts :lol:

As Dan thinks "WTF! It has a torque converter AND a dryclutch?"

Marla

Post by Marla »

What a great way to kick off the season. It looks like 2016 is going to be a great year. Thank you everyone who came out it was great to see so many faces, old and new. I have a few more pictures to add as well.
Attachments
DSC03154.JPG
DSC03153.JPG
DSC03152.JPG
DSC03147.JPG
DSC03146.JPG
DSC03145.JPG
DSC03144.JPG
It's Marla with an " L"
(My list of assets is just too long...)
lurch

Post by lurch »

Another great tune up day with a great group of people .I love how our club is always willing to lend a hand to others .it was a great day with great weather to mess around with the old fussy vw's we are all so care so much about .I learned some new things and taught some old ones.I think bill and Bruce did a awesome job of helping everyone out .and as always when bruce gets his big voice out everyone should listen to whats coming out .even when most of the group was gone he gave me and a few others a demo on testing voltage drops . Thanks again everybody.
the best ideas are often the worst choices.
vanagons
mopeds
TRL

Post by TRL »

After recreating several highly specialized VW Tools out of the same sliver of wood and a saw. That autostick contraption is kinda cool. I wish I could have stayed longer... Great to see everyone! Also a big thanks to Bill and Pam!
The Rick Lang
ohiowesty

Post by ohiowesty »

Tune up day was awesome. This was our second club event after last month at Basil's. It is amazing how club members help each other. We enjoyed meeting people, great food, learning new things, and last but not least, gawking at aircooled vehicles! Big thanks for Bill and Pam for hosting the event. Here's a picture of the left bank
heyed67

Post by heyed67 »

Bill & Pam. hat's off to you both for once again hosting a great get together. :D was nice to see all of you whom attended.also was good to see some new faces.. :)
heyed67

Post by heyed67 »

Oohh yaaaa thanks for the assorted doughnuts I had 5 plus lunch. The poor bus was really lagging on the way home dont think I made it over 42 mph. :D :D