Cincinnati VW/ Porsche Reunion Show

Rob

Cincinnati VW/ Porsche Reunion Show

Post by Rob »

September 25, 2016

This a great show especially in their new, the last few years, setting. I have attended nearly all of them for the last 12 years and it has certainly gotten bigger. Last year they had a Hebmueller and a Kubelwagen not to mention a lot of early Porsches. Have seen a Schwimmwagen there a time or two also. Fairly decent selection of early and late buses as well. The new location at Germania Park is a great setting and has a Biergarten, how could you go wrong! Swap meet was great, second only to the Columbus Volksfest in the state of Ohio in my humble opinion. I know it is a long haul from the north end of the state but worth the trip, and it does not interfere with Oktoberfest. Check out the photos I posted from last year. Hope to see you there. (If you get past Columbus and have a problem, I have a tow bar and can come get you :lol: .)

Forum link for last year.
http://www.leakoil.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=4198

Metalkraft Coachwerkes website.
http://metalkraftcoachwerkes.com/

Excerpt from their Facebook site (seems they no longer update the website). Had to read it from my phone as I am one of those weird hold outs who does not have Facebook and the computer I am using blocks it..........so from what I could see in the bits and pieces they show you when you google it they have a lot of pictures and information on their group Facebook page.

"Camping on the Saturday night before is welcomed. Gates open at 7:00 pm. No open fires or pets are permitted at any time. No alcohol may be brought on site. Food and alcohol will be available through Germania Park on both Saturday night and all day Sunday.

Join us for an Open House at MetalKraft Coachwerks from 4:00-7:00 pm on Saturday the 24th - it's an opportunity to tour a restoration shop adn see a variety of vintage VW's and Porsche in various states of restoration."
Last edited by Rob on Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1967 Beetle "Little Tud"
1968 Black Double Cab "The Black Pearl"
1970 Lotus White Single Cab "Big Tud"
1976 Sage Green Westfalia "Sweet Pickle"

They gotta' have names!
Rob

Re: Cincinnati VW/ Porsche Reunion Show

Post by Rob »

Cincy VW Club link with show information.

https://www.facebook.com/events/906959392747551/
1967 Beetle "Little Tud"

They gotta' have names!
Marla

Post by Marla »

This event has been added to the calendar.

On a side note, in the works is an event that Saturday, Sept. 24th to take a trip starting at the North end of the Cuyahoga Valley National Park and ending at The Scenic Brewing Company in North Canton, for lunch. Anyone who wants to do both events certainly can by just continuing after lunch down to Cincinnati. Google maps has it at 3 Hours and 40 minutes by regular car... so, 6 hours by bus. :D It would get you there in time for the camp out that evening. More details about the "Scenic Tour to the Scenic Brewing Company" will be posted soon.

Thanks for sharing this event Rob.
It's Marla with an " L"
(My list of assets is just too long...)
Rob

Post by Rob »

It has never taken me more than 5:45 mins tops to get from Dayton to Cleveland :lol:
1967 Beetle "Little Tud"

They gotta' have names!
Rob

Post by Rob »

Found this in the Cincinnati area. Plain Folk Cafe, Music, Food and Vw Buses, started by one of the guys from the Full Moon Bus Club. Cool place, if down this way check it out. I recommend the Fleetwood Mac.

http://plainfolkcafe.com/
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
1967 Beetle "Little Tud"

They gotta' have names!