Scenic Tour to the Scenic Brewing Company - Sept 24th

Marla

Scenic Tour to the Scenic Brewing Company - Sept 24th

Post by Marla »

We are planning a trip to the Scenic Brewing Company in North Canton on Sept. 24th.

We will start out at the North End of the Cuyahoga Valley National Park and end up at the brewery for lunch. If you are feeling more adventurous you can continue down to Cincinnati for a camp out and show. For more information, see Rob's post here: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=4369.

If you would like to just meet for lunch, The Scenic Brewing Company is located at:
7253 Whipple Ave
North Canton, OH 44720

To go on the tour, meeting time will be at 10 AM at the Big Boy located at Granger Rd. and Canal Rd.
7800 Granger Rd, Cleveland, OH 44125. We will depart around 10:30 AM. The trip will take approximately 2 hours.

Mark your calendars!
It's Marla with an " L"
(My list of assets is just too long...)
Marla

Re: Scenic Tour to the Scenic Brewing Company - Sept 24th

Post by Marla »

I just wanted to send out a reminder for this event that will be coming up soon. For those of you who are new to the group, come on out and see what it's like to be in a caravan of buses. In my opinion, this probably one of the most scenic drives in our area. We have received some good reports of the Scenic Brewing Company too. This should be great time.

I hope to see you all there.
It's Marla with an " L"
Pam

Post by Pam »

Sounds nice. Bill and Pam will be there!
Marla

Post by Marla »

The Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad is having a fully restored, historic steam engine depart from the Rockside and Canal location at 11:00 AM on the 24th. Here is a link with information on the steam engine.

http://www.cvsr.com/steam-in-the-valley

With this said, we are going to move the initial meeting location to the Railroad station at Canal and Rockside. It is only one minute south from the original location. We will depart from the railroad station and head to the brewery from there.

Thanks to Bruce for the suggestion. I think it will be pretty neat to see this. I'm looking forward to a great trip.
It's Marla with an " L"
Helmet

Post by Helmet »

I would like to meet up with the group as you go through summit county. Do you have the route planned out?<
Marla

Post by Marla »

I started working on the route but ave not finalized it. For the most part we will be taking Riverview road all the way through the Cuyahoga Valley National Park. Once we get to the Southern end near Sand Run we will take back roads East and South avoiding downtown Akron to get to North Canton. I can post a a link to a map once I have it close to finished. :D
It's Marla with an " L"
ohiowesty

Post by ohiowesty »

I am very tempted to go, especially that my son is a big fan of steam locomotives. I have to decide if I should stick to my initial plan of babying the bus till KOK by avoiding longer trips, or not.
Marla

Post by Marla »

This ride should be gentle on your bus. We are taking back roads the whole way down, you can take the same route back home. I don't think we will be going more that 50 MPH at any point.

As promised, below is a link to the map of the route we will be taking.

[color=#8000BF] https://drive.google.co ... g [/color]

If you want to join in on the caravan, be at the Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad Rockside Train Station by 10:00 AM. We will gather in the parking lot. The Steam Locomotive should be at the station, and departing at 11:00 AM. We will be departing around the same time. I am pretty sure we will see glimpses of the train in motion as we make our way South to the Brewery. Bring a camera.

If you want to just meet us for lunch at the Brewery, we should be arriving there around 1:00 PM. (estimating a 2 Hour trip). :D

I look forward to seeing everyone on Saturday!
It's Marla with an " L"
Helmet

Post by Helmet »

Hello Marla
I reviewed you map and saw where it includes merriman road. Merriman road is closed for a few more months. An alternate portage path will not be available until 1pm due to the akron marathon. I know this area well. I would like to suggest a detour. Akron Peninsula road to steels corners road, (there is a parking lot after the turn if you need a place to catch up) then south on Northampton road. Northampton road becomes cuyahoga street where you can pick up Talmadge Ave back on your route. The detour is less than a mile longer. See you Saturday
Kooper271

Post by Kooper271 »

Good catch Helmet. I don't know why I didn't notice that, I am from Akron...